0-0-0

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

0-0-0

Post by deep diver »

0 waves,0 wind, and oh yeah 0 vis!

It was a beautiful day on the canal today. Went to flagpole, thought it was going to be fantastic as the surface was clear, the water was like glass, not a breeze blowing, sun was out and it was warm!... THEN we went down the anchor line and once we got past 35' I had to put my light on the rope to see it on the way down. Sitting on the bottom, I could barely see the bottom. We were a little concerned about leaving the anchor, even knowing the site well, we might not have been able to find it in that vis.

As we just started to move away I noticed this octopus sitting right next to my leg. Glad he wasn't aggressive and didn't mind sharing his space. The fact that he was missing a few arms might have been the reason he left me alone. Can't help wonder what is tearing the arms off all the octopus.

We only went to about 85' and it never cleared up. I told myself that if I could find the anchor again we would end the dive. You know it bad then.
I found it and I'm back!

At least we had a great boat ride.
Attachments
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
It's a good day.... nobody died!