SJI 4/30-5/1

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

SJI 4/30-5/1

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Several of us were out on the Banditos in the SJIs on 4/30-5/1. What a beautiful weekend!

Here were some of my snaps!
fire2.jpg
shrimpe2.jpg
shrimp.jpg
scallop.jpg
purple.jpg
snake.jpg
snails.jpg
snail2.jpg
fire.jpg
Hope you all had a good weekend!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: SJI 4/30-5/1

Post by YellowEye »

The sites were

Strawberry Island Inside Wall
Bird Rock (very cool new dive Rick hadn't tried before)
Strawberry Island Outside Wall
Bell Island, northwest side
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I LOVE strawberry Island! That candy is beautiful!
-Erika
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Very cool. Great snaps! Man, you guys are really killing it on diving lately!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic pics YellowEye! I love your candy shots! :taco: :notworthy: :eric: :eric:

I had so much fun diving in the San Juan's! :luv: We are so lucky to have such amazing dive spots so close to us! :joshsmith:

Also it was great to watch Stephen Martin & JPA in action with the drone! I can't wait to see the footage. That was my first time ever seeing a drone in real life. It was really neat!

Here are a few of my snapshots. :popcorn:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Drone Action
Drone Action
Hungry Barnacle
Hungry Barnacle
Topsnail on a mission
Topsnail on a mission
it was Scallup City at Strawberry Island
it was Scallup City at Strawberry Island
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Great shots YE and SJ. I think that was better viz than I've had in a while in the SJIs. Also, nice drone photos. Almost crashed it into the Sampan on the moving landing!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Oh, I forgot to mention, the last time I used the drone was for a night shot and I forgot to adjust the settings while trying to get it into the air quickly. So, lotsa noise in the video with the ISO at 1600! I'll try out a noise filter on it to see if it's salvageable.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Here's my contribution from last weekend. Sorry, video takes a bit longer to put together. I salvaged some of the drone shots. Edited to add lumpsucker:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by stphnmartin on Sat May 07, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Bravo SM!!! Love the footage. I think I saw the candy striped shrimp's brain move :) great stuff as always.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks Scubie. I looked at your photos from last weekend and I realize I left out the lumpsucker. Will render again and update my post.

I think the candy stripe's brain is its least attractive feature!
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

All the photos are amazing and a stunning video! Glad we were able to avoid a water landing for that drone because the views were worth it!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Nice vid Stephen!
Thanks again for a great trip Jackie and Rick. We'll see you 5/29!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic video!! I love seeing Candy Stripes brains in action & eating Seacucumbers are so cool! It was a lot of fun watching you use your mad drone skills. You really captures the beautiful San Juan's! I hope we can do it again soon! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: