Roatan with Macro

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Roatan with Macro

Post by KeithBoll »

First of all - let me clearly admit to everyone - I am an idiot! I managed to cleverly organize all my camera equipment and then pack it for my trip to Roatan with my wife, Konni. To my great dismay - when I arrived at Roatan - I realized that I had forgot my wide angle lens. (It was neatly packed at home right by where I packed my suitcase and gear!) Honestly, I didn't get too upset. What would being mad get me? So, I made up my mind to enjoy the macro world and take pictures - and just take in all the big stuff (including a very beautiful and large eagle ray) with my eyes.

The trip was wonderful! We had excellent weather - mid 80's everyday with a light breeze. Viz was very good. Critters were not as abundant as I had hoped - but there was lots and lots to see! One day - I did a shark dive. Below are a couple of my macro shark pics! I think I did a pretty good job on those considering!

I was really happy to find and be able to shoot a Squat Anemone Shrimp. These critters are really small - about 1/4" and they dance about and hide a lot - so getting a good shot was challenging.

Enjoy the pics!
Attachments
Spotted Nudibranch (1 of 1).jpg
Shark Duo (1 of 1).jpg
Shark with Bubbles (1 of 1).jpg
Spotted Moray Eel (1 of 1).jpg
Check out the banded coral shrimp on the moray eel!
Check out the banded coral shrimp on the moray eel!
Pederson cleaner shrimp
Pederson cleaner shrimp
Squat Anemone Shrimp - very small - probably 1/4".  Very happy to find this critter!
Squat Anemone Shrimp - very small - probably 1/4". Very happy to find this critter!
Coral Landscape (1 of 1).jpg
Flamingo Tongue on Edge (1 of 1).jpg
Queen Angel Fish in Coral (1 of 1).jpg
Lettuce Leaf Nudibranch (1 of 1).jpg
Banded Coral Shrimp (1 of 1).jpg
Turtle Super Closeup (1 of 1).jpg
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Roatan with Macro

Post by Norris »

Well you managed to get some beautiful shots!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

Pictures look great! Not bad for no wide angle.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Very nicely done!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Beautiful!
Great work on the shrimps!! :)
Also those nudis don't even look real! Super cool!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Keith, great job with the macro lens! Sometimes you gotta go with whatcha got :) the turtle shot is exceptional.