GPO at Flagpole and Some Extra Color!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

GPO at Flagpole and Some Extra Color!

Post by KeithBoll »

Dale and I went diving at Flagpole last weekend - this was my first time back into the water since my Honduras trip. I can't remember the last time that I have waited a month between dive times! (I have a new job and have spent too much time out of town - I hate it when work gets in the way of diving!) The first pic is actually from Roatan - these jellies were all over the place in the water column in about 10 to 20 feet. Very fun to watch them - I should have spent more time shooting them. We also found a new warbonnet at Elephant Wall. There is a regular hiding spot where two warbonnets hang out (at about 70 feet deep). This hole was much shallower - about 45 feet, but still nearby. Always good to find a new warbonnet. The GPO was very good sized - and of course, we had our macro lenses on! He was waiting at a popular Flagpole den for the old resident GPO to die. We've seen this behavior now several times at Flagpole. We'll go a week later - and the GPO will still be out in the open, nearby the den. Then, the following week - the new (and healthier) Octo is in the den, safe sound!
Attachments
Colorful Jelly Fish (1 of 1).jpg
GPO at Flagpole (1 of 1).jpg
Old Warbonnet Elephant Wall (1 of 1).jpg
New Warbonnet Side Shot (1 of 1).jpg
New Warbonnet at Flagpole (1 of 1).jpg
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: GPO at Flagpole and Some Extra Color!

Post by ScubaJess »

Great pics!
That jelly fish is awesome! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Nice find on the new warbonnet! Great pics too, good lighting!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Great find and shots on the Warbonnet!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Keith, nice shots. The Warbonnet is pretty cool. The colors on the Jelly are amazing.