Return To The D

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Return To The D

Post by H20doctor »

i had Looked at the tides last week and what to my surprise !!! some nice tasty exchanges .... so what to do...?? what to do ??? well you phone a friend , send out a message and see who is going .... I had plan to meet up with Jan K saturday Morning for a ripping good time at deception Pass , But when friday Hit he was unable to go :crybaby: So I opted to to call in the Kool Aid gang :koolaid: for some rip snooting, Knee slapping , chaw spitting scooter action !!
the word diving Legend has been being thrown out there a bit lately .. and its funny everytime I hear it ... He is a legend !! that diver Is a legend , he did this, and He dove that, and so on and so on ....

definition: One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame, A modern story that has taken on the characteristics of a traditional legendary tale
...A person whose fame or notoriety makes him or her a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits

So with that said I hit deception Pass with Jeremy freestone, and the Dirty D ... splash time was 830 .. and they showed up late to the Party because they were sight seeing like a bunch of tourists up on the bridge taking pictures and selfies... [-X I threw out a plan to see the pass in a New way , i borrowed this Plan from what I was told By a Local Legend , Jack ... Now if you dont know who jack is ? He is a legend , just Like Jan K , the first time I met jack , i thought he was Out of his Mind , He had showed up last october when I was there alone , Solo ... I watched Him gear up .. he Put on An old wet suit that was torn to shreds and falling apart, A vintage Horse collar , with 1 hose coming out of His double 80 Aluminum tanks, He then wore a shirt over his suit , and shorts ... Here was a Guy , i had never Met , or seen , or knew existed till now.. and He is diving Deception pass in this gear ... Now !! i thought this guy isnt going to live after he does this dive ...LOL ..BUT , the more i sat and got to know Jack , and heard Of his Legendary Tales , and diving Career ( saturation diving ) I was in the presence Of an amazing Diver, and a Legend .... Jack has been diving the Pass since He was 19 years Old ... Jack knows everything and anything about Diving deception Pass ... He knows when to get in , when to dive it , where to go to see the Good stuff , He is a Great Guy , and I am Honed to know Him ... I hope to see jack again someday , because it was a Pleasure to hear him talk about his life and diving ..
The Plan !!! hit the water and drift down on the surface to the Power lines ... why ? Because JACK says thats where the best stuff to see is... So we got in , hit the current and let it ride us down .... once to the spot we we dropped in .... the viz was very silty in places , but there were some areas during the dive that had opened up nicely, Normally when I do this dive all i see is the wall of giant barnacles and some outcroppings covered in strawberry anemones,,THIS TIME !!! Boom , massive covered Rocks of sponges and color, Such a different experience on this dive than my past dives here .... WOW what a wonder this dive was ... once again my favorite thing here is the Glove sponges , i love them , they way they take a beating here in the current and can survive , and grow... I saw large gardens of short flat anemones , ranging from Pink to white, to red .. many different types of crabs, who all Had some type of either sponge growth , or fuzzy stuff on them .. we had other boats today with divers spearfishing , and i ran into them along the wall ... Once the current switched i made my way back to the beach , but i hit a very Hard current coming around a shelf so i decided to turn around and see if My scooter could keep up in the current in High Gear .... NOPE .... but it was a blast to feel and experience the power of the current blowing me backwards... So another dive in the Log books , a chance to dive deception pass is always My favorite , and to hear and talk about legends in the Pacific Northwest is a epic Time

Kool Aid Crew
Image1.jpg
Super scared about the current
Image3.jpg
phpBB [video]
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Return To The D

Post by ljjames »

Impressive video. You are one funny mofo.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I met Jack this spring at deception pass. He's quite an amazing diver :)
-Erika
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Chris my friend, now that was, truly, truly, EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Chris my friend, now that was, truly, truly, EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

So EPIC in fact it had to be stated not once, but twice!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

EPIC indeed!
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

Awesome

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Oh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! :koolaid:

Deception Paaaahhhhhsss....is feeeeled with....wuuunndah!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Very entertaining.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Glad you had a stunt double for the selfie going over the bridge!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I'm glad that life brought me back to the boards to read this. Chris...you are just too much. But I love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great vid doc! Legendary!
But I had Celine stuck in my head all day!!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I had Adrienne and the kids watch the video with me on the big TV so they could see how cool diving in the sound really is!
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

You rock, H2O Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Thank you everyone ..... :supz:
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen