SuSuSu 1/15

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
bradmond
Submariner

SuSuSu 1/15

Post by bradmond »

Dereckcs, stphnmartin, Tom (from another club), and myself all met at Cove 2 Sunday night to look for Seals. Not the Navy or rubber ones, Harbor Seals. I paired up with Stephen, Derek and Tom buddied up, and we splashed at around 6:30. Within a few minutes the seals found us, didn't have to go looking. Why can't lumpies do that? It was with us the almost the entire hour long dive using our lights to catch fish. :burntchef:
Jeez that thing can stir some silt but we didn't care, it was worth it. :angry: Noticed a lot of large Spot Prawns out too but not much else.

Stephen and I managed to get in a second dive at Elliott Bay Brewery. :mmmbeer:

Thank you Derek for setting this up!! :partydance:

Here's some video of what I was able to get from the experience. I highly suggest doing this if you haven't gone, be prepared for diving in REALLY low vis part of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2phLdtZ7I
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Re: SuSuSu 1/15

Post by derekcs »

Sooooo many spot prawns. Saw a seal pop up on the surface swim out. Thomas and I didn't see any seals underwater until we got around the Honey Bear. There and the water taxi boundary seems to be the best places for them. Also saw a red octo.
Attachments
DSC_5470 copy.jpg
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Glad you guys had fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Man that's awesome! Glad they found you guys. I agree with Brad, I wish Lumpies would do that too!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Nice video!! I second the low viz part !. Mannyland and I've probably been out to dive with the seals 10 times or so and they reallyyy know how to kick up the silt!! :angry: But one can hardly complain though because I mean.... we get to dive with Harbor Seals! I love how close they come and will even brush up against you. :supz: :partydance:
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle