ThThTh 01-19-2017

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

ThThTh 01-19-2017

Post by Gdog »

The Fabulous ThThTh crew met up for another dive at Redondo last night. We had a great turnout, with 7 divers, followed by an equally good time at the post dive function. I got a few decent shots, here are some of them;

Found this little gem right after dropping down
Swimming Stomach.jpg
Found 3 of these little critters
Horned Shrimp.jpg
I was trying to take a shot of this ginormous Pipefish,
Bay Pipefish.jpg
when this guy swam right up into my lens
Market Squid.jpg
Market Squid Face off.jpg
Then right when I had him positioned so I could grab the squid and the pipefish, Mr squid grew tired of posing and zoomed off!

Thanks for the dives, lets see those other shots crew!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: ThThTh 01-19-2017

Post by H20doctor »

i left lake stevens at 1 pm , but with all the traffic i didn't arrive to redondo till 545 .. :rofl: just kidding , traffic always sucks heading down to the DOND , but the EPIC crew of divers and the skills they have learned underwater make up for it :popcorn: :iamwithstupid: .. I arrived in the parking lot to find 1 Gdog all alone in a truck watching Illegal movies on his phone .. Really Bro ? Trolls :kissing: its a kids movie , So Knee deep showed up also very cool havent seen him since Norris played the Hard rock in seattle, we got to chatting and caught up on life .. Then That dam Hoodsport diver showed Up :banplz: which means Im going to be Lost underwater as always , and be a solo diver ... :la: the other divers that showed Up were the Passat Crew , and Mr video Stud Muffin stephan ..
we got our gear on and Headed into the firggin cold ass water GEEEESHHHH felt like i was in alaska :der: surface temp was i cant feel my face , and now im getting an ice cream head ache.. with a side of slurpee.. as we swam out a Loud seal lion was barking at us .. but i couldnt figure out where he was ??? :dontknow: .. Alex yelled something is touching my leg !! and i said back to him , its just a six gill ... quick get a picture , OHH you cant cause the water is too silty and cloudy .. Ohhhh darn , we dropped down into the fine cloudy silt run off , very hazy stuff , and found our way to the slope .. down we go and i found a discarded cell phone , a Bic lighter , and 1 missing shoe .. EPIC ... as find our way to the land of discarded beer bottle grave yard i brought to the atten of 1 GDOG a bottle with an octo in it .. I showed it too him but HE DIDNT CARE !!!!! why ? cause he was too busy Playing with a fly wing thingy :pacing: :steamingears:
So im like Ok i see how you are .. i can play the game of I find way more cool stuff to photograph than you ... so here ya Go BOOM !!!
Octo
baby octo.JPG
baby red.JPG
baby red2.JPG
babyred3.JPG
then all of a sudden , SOMEBODY INVITED THE SILT BOMBER TO 75 FEET !!!!!! :angry: :angry: im like what the heck ? tonight was not my night to teach Intro to silt and hand out cert carts in the parking lot :stir: .. so i looked around to see who it was but i couldnt see ... Most likely it was alex the Hoodsport diver ... :rofl: .. once I made my way out of the toxic cloud i found out yet again ... Left all alone no one there ... Just me and a camera ... so I decided to shoot more pictures as i plotted revenge On Gdog ..
BOOM
anem.JPG
and Another ...
coto2.JPG
I lost track of How many Baby reds I saw on this dive , they were everywhere ... I ran into scuba jess on the slope and yellow eye .. Jess also found the wing stomach and she was trying to get a decent shot of it in the water column.. I was in deco .. Yet again !! seems to be me with diving , i had 5 mins stacked up so far so i made my way up to 45 feet and putted around , not much there excepts lots of shells .. lots and lots of shells .. I made my way into the 20 foot zone and i found this dude
poacher.JPG
normally they just sit there and dont move .. this dude wont stop swimming and after about a minute of trying to get a shot i gave up on him and he swam off .... Or was it a SHE ? :eek: Next up was this guy
opal nudi.JPG
and a brittle star
brittle star.JPG
Now is this a Gunnel ?? or a Cocksome ..? let the FLAME WAR BEGIN !!!!
gunnel.JPG
gunnel gun.JPG
And then we need some shrimp Crack for scubaJess !!!
jess shrimp.JPG
shrimp.JPG
And this cute guy was fun to watch as he walked around with his home on his back
crab.JPG
crab2.JPG
i was the 2nd to last diver out of the water .. Yellow EYE beat me again !!! everyone on else was out and getting ready for food ... I saved the best picture for last ... i laughed when i took it cause i knew i was going to post here .. this Picture i rated R for Redondo
A cuke BUTT HOLE
cuke.JPG
Last edited by H20doctor on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

food was good , but the best part is the Dang Onion ring Brick of Death !!! thank you Alex .. and bummin tunu Off of Gdog ..
Blurry Cell Phone Pics
0119172107.jpg
0119172108a.jpg
Take care suckers ... till we dive again :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

for you Jessie ..EPIC so EPIC
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Sweet shots and reports!

Here was one of my snaps
DSC_0467-3.jpg
I also got to see a grunt sculpin, a scalyhead sculpin, a cockscomb(?), a blade shrimp, several beautiful silver darting baby salmon (6"), lots of worms in the water column etc

We also met up with Ed G for this dive. A great time was had by all!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Great report Doc, one could almost say.....EPIC report. Almost. Allow me to point out the seal was simply a barking Doc diver. And Im sure the Doc was fondling Alex's leg too. However, some very good shots Mr Wada H2O. Love how clear they are. And I really like your last hermit crab shot, it looks perfect. Maybe next time you won't wander off and get lost underwater! Ok ok...actually it was me and Alex that wandered off and left you.....but I digress. Great shots!
Dont you love those horned shrimp, Eric?! I saw 3 that night. Nice shot.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Great pics everyone and it looks like and EPIC dive!!!
Hope to see you all next week!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Great reports & Pictures all around! :taco:
You guys are the best!!!! :partydance: :eric:
I really love all the shrimp shots :luv:

Nice work on that winged nudi! Those guys are so hard to shoot! :notworthy: :popcorn:
Looking forward to the next ththth adventure! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

ScubaJess wrote: Nice work on that winged nudi! Those guys are so hard to shoot! :notworthy: :popcorn:
Looking forward to the next ththth adventure! :)
Jessica, I took several shots and thats the only one that turned out at all.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

YellowEye wrote:Sweet shots and reports!

Here was one of my snaps
DSC_0467-3.jpg

I also got to see a grunt sculpin, a scalyhead sculpin, a cockscomb(?), a blade shrimp, several beautiful silver darting baby salmon (6"), lots of worms in the water column etc

We also met up with Ed G for this dive. A great time was had by all!
I'm calling party fowl for your one photograph, that just does not cut it here with the dive recap post. You need to seriously post more pictures or the beatings will begin...
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

H20doctor wrote:I'm calling party fowl for your one photograph, that just does not cut it here with the dive recap post. You need to seriously post more pictures or the beatings will begin...
Alright Chris, aka :bday: :police: :angry:

I wasn't too much happy with much else (consider them concepts in progress) but here are a few under threat of whip :help: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Slime worm and horned shrimp
Slime worm and horned shrimp
Frontal view of a horned shrimp
Frontal view of a horned shrimp
cockscomb, not sure of the exact species
cockscomb, not sure of the exact species
Have a great weekend
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

those are amazing.. . . !!! Very nice and worthy of posting
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

H20doctor wrote:those are amazing.. . . !!! Very nice and worthy of posting
I agree! It's not everyday you get to see a picture of a slime worm with shrimp!! It's so cool!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Good stuff Eric! Sure glad you avoided the public flogging
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sitting there watching you guys snap and snap and snap and strobes are firing and in the matter of five minutes you probably taken a good 20 pictures... most of the time I'm averaging between 60 and 110 pictures.. so I don't understand why you don't post more pictures because I'm sure you have some...
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Many of the "better" photographers will keep maybe 1 in 10000+ shots. It makes them look better :)

Plus, it really isn't worth posting a pic of a critter you already have a better picture of or think you can take a better picture of next Thursday?

I try to find a balance in the middle and keep maybe 1-2 per dive. Less make it to my "best of" collection.

But yeah, happy to try the 24shot challenge.