Flag pole good & bad

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

Flag pole good & bad

Post by deep diver »

Good news, flagpole had the water clear up with 20-25' vis. Tons of fish and lots of wolf eels. Not too much to take pictures of yet, but there coming..

bad news.... I had posted a few weeks ago about one of the cloud sponges being cut off and washing away, now the biggest on, right next to the other is also missing.
Attachments
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Flag pole good & bad

Post by Tom Nic »

Bummer about the cloud sponges....

Boy, it's been a long time since I dive the Hood. I need to remedy that!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Great pics!

:angry:
Sucks about the sponge. That site is a treasure for them, I hope they are not being harvested or intentionally damaged for sone reason.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I was there today. The state of the cloud sponges is just sad ... it looks like someone probably dropped an anchor on them and then just drove round and round, shearing off sponge parts. There's bits and pieces of cloud sponge laying on the bottom everywhere. Sad.

This is the first time ever I've been to Flagpole and not seen a single wolfie or octo. There's tons of fish everywhere, but not much else. If I had to give someone advice, I'd tell them to go to Sund Rock ... you'll see more. Not much to see on the way in either.

I took all of two pictures the whole dive ... and I won't bother keeping either of them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

The ones that are gone are the ones that most people see. There are ones deeper, hopefully they won't be dropping anchor on them. The wolfies are in the deeper water also. Octopus, you are right they all seem to be gone. I guess if someone was swinging an anchor over my head all the time, I would be leaving too
It's a good day.... nobody died!