Sitka 2017

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sitka 2017

Post by Gdog »

Chris, what are those white things?
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow crazy beautiful!!!!!
Thanks for the reports! I feel like I was there with ya! :)
Safe travels home!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Gdog wrote:Chris, what are those white things?
If I had to guess lots and lots of white plumose anenomes
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Baby ones I guess
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Those are alien eggs waiting to hatch
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Those shots remind me of the "Snowfall" and "Snowball" dive sites up by Browning Pass. Both are covered almost entirely by White Plumose Anenomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

GearHead wrote:Those shots remind me of the "Snowfall" and "Snowball" dive sites up by Browning Pass. Both are covered almost entirely by White Plumose Anenomes.
i had a ton of people on a Photo group say the same thing ... they think its that dive up on vancouver island .. :angry: and i keep telling them .. its in sitka .. :rofl: silly divers
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

ScubaJess wrote:Wow crazy beautiful!!!!!
Thanks for the reports! I feel like I was there with ya! :)
Safe travels home!
thanks Scuba Jess :luv: :thankyouyellow: :grouphug:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Here is the 2nd movie from my trip ... i have 1 more Epic movie in the works and its pretty spectacular ...

https://youtu.be/KiIG3NtEijg
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Love the kelp forest and the giant nudi attacks!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

So a full week in sitka ... i did 18 dives total .... shot 35 Gigs of video and came out with 3 videos showcasing the eye candy .. i would say the average viz during the trip was 40 feet , the water for some reason was Hazy ..? it was better in the south end towards camp coogan , than vers going north ... it was cold , and snowing ... i only had 2 days of clear weather up there .. but the views and the Mountains make up for it .. the friendly people and good food , along with the company.. drinking Beer at the P bar , and seeing all the boats in the Harbor..
This is the last dive of the trip ... and i plan to dive it next year and explore it more as its now my favorite site

https://youtu.be/IArJpJvM0cE

I want to thank everyone who Has read this dive thread , and enjoyed my Videos ... thank you NWDC :luv:
Last edited by H20doctor on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool Chris! Great vid, great adventures!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Dude!!! That was awesome!!! :supz: :taco: :eric:
Now I want to go sledding & diving!!! :partydance:
Really nice work! I'm glad you passed all the tests :eek: and were able to dive :pirate: the super secret beautiful place! :luv: :joshsmith: :taco:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Can't believe you weren't wearing your drysuit to sled! The white anemone walls are quite amazing!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

So amazing. I'm thinking you're going to have a whole bunch of people that want to jump on the Sitka Dive train... I know I do!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Tom Nic wrote:So amazing. I'm thinking you're going to have a whole bunch of people that want to jump on the Sitka Dive train... I know I do!
I think you're right Tom. Looks like Chris had some inside help up there. Are there charters running out of there Chris? Do they do a good job?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Thank you for sharing. Great finale too. I know I will never be able to pass the required Herculean tasks in order to visit the secret spot, so thanks for the video ! :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Tom Nic wrote:So amazing. I'm thinking you're going to have a whole bunch of people that want to jump on the Sitka Dive train... I know I do!
diver dave and stika diver miss the PNW crew ... its not the same up there without the group of us there
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Jan K wrote:Thank you for sharing. Great finale too. I know I will never be able to pass the required Herculean tasks in order to visit the secret spot, so thanks for the video ! :)

thank you Jan , i enjoy the pictures you continually post on the whidbey Island thread ... you never cease to amazing me with the sea life you find
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

YellowEye wrote:
I think you're right Tom. Looks like Chris had some inside help up there. Are there charters running out of there Chris? Do they do a good job?

no charters .... it by friends Boats that i get around
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

ScubaJess wrote:Dude!!! That was awesome!!! :supz: :taco: :eric:
Now I want to go sledding & diving!!! :partydance:
Really nice work! I'm glad you passed all the tests :eek: and were able to dive :pirate: the super secret beautiful place! :luv: :joshsmith: :taco:

thank you Jess ....
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

H20doctor wrote:
diver dave and stika diver miss the PNW crew ... its not the same up there without the group of us there
If Diver Dave and his boat are available 6 people or so are doable, otherwise not.

And there are no charters.

This is a HUGE imposition on locals who live there, so I'm always trying to tread lightly and be very considerate of Diver Dave and Sitka Diver. In the times groups have been larger the hospitality has been amazing. :notworthy: :notworthy: That being said, we all tried to make sure we covered gas, bought dinners, or whatever. Diver Dave would NOT tell us his costs, not sure about Sitka Diver. In any case, that's the lay of the land, and I personally have always tried to tread lightly in the couple of times I've been there.

Chris, well, you know.... :stir: :calvin:

I'm sure we'd need to hear from Dave and Dave on any possible folks going up. It is really their call.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Man that is pretty. Loved the video too. I'm just glad I didn't have to see you swim naked.....
Great work Doc!