last summer in Michigan

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

last summer in Michigan

Post by CaptnJack »

Was there for a week, here's two of the wrecks we were diving. My friend Brian held onto the video pending release at a conference hence the age.
https://vimeo.com/207797810
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: last summer in Michigan

Post by Jeremy »

Wow, that looks like some fantastic diving! Amazing viz and wreck preservation!

How deep were these?
bm5w
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bm5w »

Ambient light at 200' and 120 year old wrecks better preserved than a lot of the wrecks in Lake Washington. Thanks for sharing.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great video!

The visibility, and the preservation of the wrecks because of the fresh water, is truly remarkable, especially given their age and in comparison to salt water.

Thanks for sharing it here!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

NICE!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jeremy wrote:Wow, that looks like some fantastic diving! Amazing viz and wreck preservation!

How deep were these?
all the zebra mussels scrub out whatever particulate there might be lol

We did 7 different wrecks on this trip, two dives a day. Most in the 165 to 190ft range. The Norman shown 2nd in this video was the deepest and hit about 210ft max by the prop. The top rail near the bow is around 170-175ft IIRC. On the Norman, I think we averaged about 190ft for 40 minutes, which was cold. Water temp on the bottom is 38F year round.

ps I'm the guy in the blue and black hood with AL80s of bailout. On the Windiate I think my mask was leaking and I was messing with it a lot, hence the bubbles from the back of my hood.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.