ThThTh 3/23

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

ThThTh 3/23

Post by theonly_JT »

Twas dive #98, in preparation for #100 this weekend, the ThThTh crew reported to Redondo for the night shift. Gdog, ScubaJess, YellowEye, Divernick93, derek and jeff and I splashed at 7:07pm over the bottle field and dropped into valhalla! :angelblue:

Octos and stubbies everywhere!! pregnant rock crabs, shrimp, sculpins, flatfish, tons of little crabs etc etc. Even found a large Sailfin Sculpin who wasnt camera shy :partydance: after exploring the bottle field and almost running my video lights battery out, Nick and I found ourselves a little south of the bottles and it got colddd!

Not too much longer after that i was running low on NDL time... def should have brought 32% not 26% that i had... Oh well! I was cold enough anyway. after 46min we decided to call it a dive and head back to shore. After the ole 4min safety stop we left the silent world and returned to reality.

Water temp- 47
Viz- pretty good
Max depth- 78fsw
Avg depth- 60fsw
Bottom time- 50min
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: ThThTh 3/23

Post by stphnmartin »

I was there too, as well as Jeff. Nice to meet you JT.

Here are a few grabs from the video I managed to capture. I did spot a lumpy at 7 feet on the way out, but it decided to swim away and I had just 300psi remaining.
Helmet crab
Helmet crab
Helmet crab eye
Helmet crab eye
Crab face
Crab face
Horned shrimp
Horned shrimp
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING PEOPLE. Darn it!! Sorry guys.. didnt mean to leave you out
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great dive! :calvin:

I will have to post pics later. The highlight of the dive for me was finding the following critters all in a 9 square feet area: a grunt sculpin, a stubby, a horned shrimp, a white tipped nudi, a slime tube worm, a small unidentified shrimp, and a brittle star! :taco: :partydance: :eek:
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow!!! Great pics Stephen!
It was fun diving with you guys!!!
Nice to meet you Jeff! :)

Have a great weekend!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Great Ghost Shrimp pic!! And yes..it was stinking cold!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Great pics Stephen!

Hey JT, don't forget about the rule of dive #100, gotta be in the buff. Still not too late to book a flight to warmer waters :rofl: