Bonaire – April/May 2017

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Bonaire – April/May 2017

Post by Gdog »

Great lettuce leaf slug!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Gdog wrote:Great lettuce leaf slug!
Always fun to find. Either I don't know where to look (a distinct possibility!) or there simply aren't as many nudi's here in the Caribbean as we have in the PNW.

Also crabs.

We have a gabazillion in our home waters.

There simply aren't as many here.

Or perhaps they just hide better - it is a dangerous environment on the reef! Whenever you find one here it is a cause for celebration!

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

One of the fun dives we did was to drop in at Eden Beach or Bari Reef, surface swim until we were close, and then drop on the old "tug" that sits at 90 or 100 fsw.

There is a large Green Moray that seems to "live"(?) here, or at least hang out here. Sometimes he is very visible, and other times he is way up inside and harder to see. I got this shot be squeezing under the boat and angling my camera up inside the boat (which is upside down on the sand).

There are usually a couple good sized Lionfish on the boat as well.

From there we kick over to the sailboat that is more in front of Eden Beach. Always great fish life on it, and it is open enough that you can poke around inside it and find some pretty cool stuff.

The sailboat sits at 80 fsw or so, so we don't spend too much time on it before kicking on in front of Eden Beach off to Harbor Village. There is an old wreck outside the harbor that is hardly recognizable as a ship anymore. There are wires, and crap hanging all over the place, so don't get distracted looking at a cool critter and forget where you are or you might meet the same fate as this poor guy!

Lots of critters and small stuff to look at here!

A Yellowtail Snapper being cleaned.

And a TON more to look at if you take the time / breathing gas.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Very cool, Ive never dove the sailboat, didnt even know it was there!