flagpole

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

flagpole

Post by H20doctor »

So i got the invite to go to Flagpole last weekend from Mr Jeremy and Don W... And since i have never been there id thought it would be a good chance to see this place on a first hand trial basis.. Now i know what you are thinking , How could i have not been to flagpole ? with all the years of diving and going to places .. one would think i have been to Flagpole.. Nope.. never been , I have seen plenty of dive reports from Deep diver , and the south end peeps to know whats here .. So what is here ? well like sund rock , and octo Hole , you have to get down to the water . either by a small narrow dirt road, that is Locked ... or park on the Hwy road up top and walk in .. You have to go over to MIkes beach resort and Pay to use flagpole from shore.. And yes we all had to pay 20.00 a person , not 20 a car ... BUMMER .. we met up with some other divers that morning , and we all planned to see the site Via Scooters .. I was carpooling with Jeremy in his Raptor and Don had shotgun in the front seat .. we loaded up all the gear at 7 am , hit the Ferry at edmonds , and made our way over.. I had 2 full tanks ready to drain and we got the gear down to the water and ready to go ... in the water we went over the pre checks and what the dive plan was .. we scootered over to the WSA Buoy and then dropped on it ... Viz at the bottom on the first dive was pretty good , viz on the second dive as the tide went out was worse.. We dropped and i fired up the lights and hit record .. the shallows here is filled with anemones, rocks and nudies .. the deeper part of the Knuckle is sand stone rock with large boulders , some of the large rocks are completely covered in zoanthids, yellow flowers covering the rocks .. we explored a part of the wall , and i hit down to a large patch of rockfish .. We then found Lots of cloud sponges ... they were in small garden patched in some areas.. and on other rocks Large and growing like Bushes .. we found a small but decent size GPO under a rock , and i saw a good amount of wolf eels here also , some wolfies were in the dens with a mate , and other wolfies were by themselves .. I would say flagpole is a great site with good clear Viz , and you want to swim out and get some leg exercise , its Doable like EUP if you so incline... The water was also filled with jellies .. lots of Moon jellies everywhere , and i saw a few other type also ...
It was a great dive , lots of Exercise lugging heavy diver gear up and down that dang driveway.. but the reward is worth it ...

https://youtu.be/YAF3BSIx-0w
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: flagpole

Post by Gdog »

Great video and report, Doc! Flagpole is one of my favorites
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Super cool!! I've only done it from a boat. It's a cool spot!! It's always neat to see the cloud sponges! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Why do you keep calling me Doc...? :banplz: :banplz: :banplz: :banplz:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dude... Are you or aren't you the wadda doc? The one they call the legend? Or are you just a sock puppet?!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

puppeteer perhaps...
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

The Doctor is IN!
Attachments
IMG_0008.JPG
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great report and vid Chris! :supz: glad u made it out... it`s a great site for small and big critters!
Gdog wrote:Dude... Are you or aren't you the wadda doc? The one they call the legend? Or are you just a sock puppet?!
Little known fact... It`s actually h-twenty doc, there's no o, no wadda.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I go by many names ....He who shall not be named !!! the banned One.... kracky.... Captain Deco ... silt master... and the great crab beeni.. You especially don't want to see what I do to sea cucumbers