Pulali West, Point and East Walls.

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Pulali West, Point and East Walls.

Post by Jeff Pack »

Abit late on our diving recap, but we dove Pulali over the weekend (Saturday) from Jackson Cove (Camp Parsons). Did West, Point, and East Walls. Its about a 40min scooter ride to the west wall where we come up, recon, and dive begins there. This was was both a so so dive, bad, and really crappy dive. We started late as there was a very large exchange, and Jackson cove has the cobble you walk on, that isnt much fun. So low tide was 11:45, we waited a couple of hours for the tide to reverse, so by the time we were suited and in the water, the tanks and scooters were already under several feet of water (12ft+ exchange). The scooter ride out wasnt too bad, alof of snot in the water, even down at 40ft, but was tolerable. Dodging a few egg yolk jellies, but overall not bad. Viz down deep wasnt bad, no current, but somehow we missed the East Wall, and for the life of me I dont know how, as we followed the bottom contour to 182 which is the bottom of the wall, but all that was left was not much. East Wall is generally pretty big, so its not like it disappeared on us. I'm still puzzled. Even coming back, we didnt find it. Max depth was 182. 3.5 hour dive, with abit over an hours deco, thanks to my dive buddy, Mr "I love Helium" himself. The scooter ride back was bad,horrible. It was like being in a whiteout. And with the flood, brought many jellies. We were dodging them all the way back. No Lions Manes thankfully, and neither us us got stung, but I had some really close calls, and left one egg yolk in pieces from my scooter. Getting out of the water was a piece of cake, as the water line was right up to the logs, so no cobble at all to deal with. But overall, was one long day.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Re: Pulali West, Point and East Walls.

Post by jeffgerritsen »

At least you can't call me fumblelina!