Ruston Way, 08-16-2017

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Ruston Way, 08-16-2017

Post by Tom Nic »

It's a bit late, but I'm starting to figure that if I try and get a dive report in right as it happens I'll never do it again, so here goes!

Bassman and I decided to hit Ruston Way for a couple of dives - it had simply been too long since we had done so (at least since I had done so!) - at least a couple years for me.

We started with CI Shenanigans, and almost immediately began to have second thoughts. Viz looked terrible from the surface, but the dock was in, our lights were charged, so what the heck... We stepped off the dock into 5-10' viz, not as terrible as it looked. We made our way over to what they call the old dry dock and spent a bunch of time "combing" the structure looking for critters. And we found a bunch, which was really cool! Picture taking was a challenge, as was my camera's strobe, but still managed a couple of shots.

A bunch of Crescent Gunnels were shadowing several Red Rock Crab that were tearing up some mussels that had fallen off a piling.

We then made our way down to Les Davis, where viz was improved. I'm really glad that we did! There was a ton of life, I ID'd 6 species of Rockfish, including one Canary, one of the few times I've seen them in the inner Sound. Again, not a bunch of snaps for the reasons mentioned above, but still a great dive. I'll definitely be coming back here again soon.

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Ruston Way, 08-16-2017

Post by ScubaJess »

Cute Rock fish!!!!!!!!! :)
Sounds like you guys had fun!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: