Three Tree 9-10-17 Awesome vis

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Three Tree 9-10-17 Awesome vis

Post by jmartel »

Did 2 tanks today at 3T. Easily the best visibility all summer that I've seen, and probably #2 that I've seen in the sound between last year and this year. Probably 40ft at depth, and you could look up and see the surface from 55ft. Explored a little further than I've been before, going deeper than usual on the first dive, and further north on the second. It was a popular spot today, with 3 of us in our group, JT and another person diving on their own, and then 4 other people showing up when we did our second dive. ScubaJess showed up to try on a drysuit I was selling and take it for a test dive, and ended up locking her keys in the car. Neck seal was too loose so she got flooded, then had to wait for AAA to show up. So, not the best dive for her. AAA wasn't able to open the car, so I successfully tried the string method to open it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJzpaz0tmw

Some photos:

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Three Tree 9-10-17 Awesome vis

Post by Gdog »

Wow. Totally cool on both the diving, and your Scubajess rescue! I love the pic of the boat....dang awesome vis
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Wow! Just Wow!!!
Those pictures are what I keep wanting to see at 3 Tree!! It's been so long I forget whats there....
I hope I can get there on Tuesday!!!
Thanks for posting...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

I'm just glad I brought 2 tanks with me. I would have been upset to only do one dive when the visibility was this good. I did find out an issue that I hadn't had a problem with before: With the good visibility, enough sunlight came into the port to cause a reflection of the front of the lens with the white lettering. Showed up in about half of the shots and had to be removed. Time to break out the sharpie and/or tape.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Yeah I don't know what camera setup you have, but that is a problem I often have as well. Short of using the sharpie method, there really isn't a good solution. Trying to remove the reflection in post is sometimes difficult.
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Olympus E-M5mkII in a Nauticam Housing. I think it's just a general problem of a dome port in the sun.
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

viz sure was awesome!! Good to see you there! Awesome picture too!!!
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Dude that guy in the video is a pro! So glad I had you there to help me! Thanks for saving me with your SMB reel! Those things really come in handy! :-)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: