Oahu Trip with Kaimana Divers

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Oahu Trip with Kaimana Divers

Post by Scubie Doo »

Fellow divers. Got back from Oahu on business/personal time and was able to squeeze in (6) dives.

Day 1 - Trade winds were kicking so our shallow options were limited. Heading out of Kawalo Harbor with Gabe from Kaimana Divers. First, what a fantastic dive op. Gabe is excellent. The first dive was to the YO257 and boy it was a wild ride. However, we saw (2) white-tip sharks and (2) eagle rays, so overall good dive. The second dive was to the Sea Tiger, which was a little better current wise. We dropped down on (3) sea turtles getting cleaned. Viz was exceptional on both dives.

Day 2 - Winds were still stirring up the sand shallow and making for a rough day on the. Dive 1 was back to the Sea Tiger and it was excellent! Lots of fish and cool little critters. Dive 2 was to Rojo Reef. Although viz was not great, had a good dive as we hunted for little critters.

Day 3 - One more dive at the Sea Tiger and this one was the best. Exceptional viz, turtles, eels, and nudibranchs. Dive two wasa to Kawalo Pipe and this dive was by far the best. Critters everywhere! Overall got to see (2) new nudibranchs, an octo, sharks, and many cool critters.

Here are a few favorites.

Safe diving everyone. Peace.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Oahu Trip with Kaimana Divers

Post by Gdog »

Hey, great report! Lovin that first nudi shot..
The second nudi seems very tiny?
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Gdog. Thanks. The second one is thin and long. About 3”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Awesome brother!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Cool!

Love Gabe and Kaimana divers - good boat, not a "cattle car", great diving.

I dove them last year on your recommend and had a great time. They are a great op if you're popping in to Honolulu....
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

WOW so awesome! I'd love to see a Turtle cleaning station.
Really nice pics!!!
Glad you got to dive!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: