Lost gear alert

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Lost gear alert

Post by dwashbur »

Today at Redondo, Kathy had a bad situation and had to bail. In the process she lost her camera and her mask. The camera was lost somewhere near the carousel boat. She lost the mask in waist-deep water over by the beach. The camera is an Olympus in a waterproof case and the mask has a pink snorkel. If anyone finds either of them, please drop me a note and I'll arrange to get it.

Thanks!!!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: Lost gear alert

Post by dwashbur »

Addendum: after taking inventory we found her sausage and reel are also missing. She lost these near the beach.
Dave

--
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Hi Dave,
I hope you guys are ok? Sounds like a intense dive. That's no good.
I have a bunch a friends diving Redondo this morning. I asked them to keep an eye out for the gear. Hope you get good news soon :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Check with the MAST center also.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Thanks! She's all right, we're still watching for signs of DCS but right now it appears she dodged a big bullet.
Dave

--
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Glad to hear she is OK I remember my first dive on Nitrox and thanks to Jeremy for being there for me. I had a really bad anxiety type narc going on due to current and dropping in the water column. I would not wish what happened to me on anyone as even though I thought I kept it together Jeremy explained what happened and I did not even realize it at the time. IN my mind I knew I had to go up in the water column and did not want to cork so i dumped air thinking I would kick up. Well I guess I dumped more then I thought cause he said I had hit bottom. I dont even remember hitting bottom. Jeremy was there and helped me to get to the surface with a safety stop where by that time I got my head back in the game. Hope that what ever happened does not dampen he ability to dive.
Jeff Castor