ThThTh 11/9

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
bradmond
Submariner

ThThTh 11/9

Post by bradmond »

This Thursday was not your typical ThThTh. Scubie Doo, Gdog, and I met at 5pm to get a dive in before the WSA meeting at the MAST center.

Visibility was excellent allowing us to see many of the usual creatures seen at Redondo. There were many very small Octos out, Sailfin Sculpins at the big pipe, and Jesse and George found at least 3 Lumpies in the shallows on the south end. Wish I could do more ThThTh dives.

This was my 2nd dive trying out my tripod setup. I had just set it down and ready to do a little video of a Stubby and before I could adjust anything it leaped into action.

Here's what I was able to capture. Sorry ScubaJess, you may not like this.

https://youtu.be/OQcz4zB98yI
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: ThThTh 11/9

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow!!!! That was sooo awesome and kinda sad all at the same time!!! Great job filming that! I like how he turned so many colors & the shrimp had mad escape skills too! :)

It was so good to see you Brad! Hopefully we can dive with you soon!! Have a great weekend!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Brad that was epic! Very cool! I took a shot of a Stubby a couple years back, and when I was looking through the pics later, realized he had a partially eaten shrimp he was working on....
Stubby Squid eating shrimp.jpg
Thanks for diving with us, the vis was incredible! 40'+ easily. Hopefully we get more vis like that this winter.
I didnt grab any shots even close to what you did Brad, but here are a few I took;
Escape Artist Baby GPO.jpg
Stubbie Squid Swimming.jpg
Tiny PSL Posing.jpg
Stubbie Squid.jpg
Pacific Spiny Lumpsucker.jpg
This was a cool find that Jesse pointed out....This Snailfish was unusually colored, and posted up vertically on a piece of pipe or something. Not a good shot, hopefully Jesse has a better one
Snailfish.jpg
Really a memorable dive, even with all the rain. Hope it stays!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Brad, that was awesome! It looked like the stubby shot an arm out like a cuttlefish. I’ve never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

ScubaJess wrote:Wow!!!! That was sooo awesome and kinda sad all at the same time!!! Great job filming that! I like how he turned so many colors & the shrimp had mad escape skills too! :)

It was so good to see you Brad! Hopefully we can dive with you soon!! Have a great weekend!
Thank you SJ!! Good to see you guys too.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Gdog wrote:Brad that was epic! Very cool! I took a shot of a Stubby a couple years back, and when I was looking through the pics later, realized he had a partially eaten shrimp he was working on....
Thanks George...its fun to find things in pictures that you didn't notice earlier. That Snailfish shot is amazing and can't get enough pics of PSL's.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Scubie Doo wrote:Brad, that was awesome! It looked like the stubby shot an arm out like a cuttlefish. I’ve never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does look like it shot out something and grabbed it. They move so fast!!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Awesome capture Brad! Never seen that before. Sweet!

Great shots gdog. Like the stubby in the water column. Definitely Cozumel like viz!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Epic PSL shots!!!! And stubby action that guy had mad ninja skills! You guys are so cool!!!

Greetings from Vancouver!

Had a fun dive a Porteau cove! Now onto whytcliff it's rainy but excellent viz!!! :)
Have a great weekend!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I Love the shots of the two long arms that squid have for nailing their prey. Such a great capture of a not often seen behavior!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman