Tritonia Festiva Slug Fest Paloooza

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Tritonia Festiva Slug Fest Paloooza

Post by H20doctor »

well last week i went for a scooter Run At the MUk..Just gonna run the trigger for an Hour and see whats out there at the Demolished Dock.. Since the Viz was super clear before the rains came pounding down, i thought the viz would be sorta good.. Well it wasnt and it was super Hazy with river silt.. So i went out to the Site , saw what i expected , 7 crab Pots snarled on the Pilings they didnt remove and that were still in the sand, chunks of concrete , and stuff that Is providing reef and structure for Life ... that was a good... So im coming back in and i Cut short in Before the Clam Shell fields .. Im in the Bottle wood area , thats Silty and stagnant.. 50 ish feet ... And then i see them... Hundreds Of Nudis.. Not just a couple , of a few .. A FRIGGEN MASS EXPLOSION !!!... And They Are All Getting It ON !!! Nudi Love Style ... Im like Dam this is a Mass spawn event .. just like the Opal Nudi spawn at edmonds 2 yrs ago..
So im like I haft come back here ASAP... So next Day load up .. Hit it at night .. Gear good, scooter good, lets rock .. get in the water start to head North and then BAM ... Stinky the seal and friends are Out in force.. My Video lights are underwater Easy Pickens for shiner Perch.. Im like ok , ok ..this is cool just like at Cove 2 .. Im like giving them some good late night underwater Snak num, Nums .. and then they scat off for a few .. So i hit the trigger and make my way ... Then All Of a sudden Im being hit in every direction from fish..? im like what is going on ,, The seals all 3 of have formed a Bait ball around me and its thick ... round and round they are swimming being picked off by the seals .. the Bait Ball is Massive , and Im in the center of the tornado .. epic ..
I get out to the Nudi grounds but it doesnt Pan out for me cause Stinky and friends Followed me the whole way , and They stirred Up the whole place ... So i had to shut down all my lights and sit in the dark for 5 mins... that worked for about 20 mins , but they came back ... So back in ... Dive over..
I went back the next Day ..early and made 5 more trips Out there to film.. Every thing Worked out great for being there in the day...
I went out today with YellowEye and Scuba Jess (shore support ) to give eric the Full Meal Deal Of tritonia Nudi fest ... It was Freeeeekin EPIC ...
Long Cold Dive .. Got some Good Snaps.. And the Event is pretty Much Over .. lots of eggs laid.. But not a Lot of Nudis Laying them ...
black N white.JPG
egg3.JPG
glow.JPG
stick.jpg
tri 1.JPG
triton3.JPG
triton8.JPG
tritonia 1.JPG
front shot.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAd3swTdK4&t=1s
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Tritonia Festiva Slug Fest Paloooza

Post by ScubaJess »

Sooooo epic!!! Love all the love!
Was great seeing you!! So sad I couldn't dive! So sick of this cold!

Nice work all around:)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Love it! Great story, great pics, great vid!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Chris. Great job on the pics and video! Really nice seal and baitfish footage too!
Here were some of my snaps from today. What a fun dive, thank you!
Attachments
DSC_0964.jpg
DSC_0896.jpg
DSC_0842.jpg
DSC_0659.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Really beautiful shots YE!! That octo eye close up is amazing!! It's so cool to zoom in and see the octo skin changing colors & texture. :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Chris, awesome work! Really cool! Eric, great shots, looks like it was a great event. Thanks for sharing guys!