Redondo- Fail...Edmonds- Awesome!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Scuba Swanie
Avid Diver

Redondo- Fail...Edmonds- Awesome!

Post by Scuba Swanie »

Met with Kelly (Honudavis) at Redondo this morning at 8:00am. We have had a ton of rain in the last few days and the drainage pipe near the steps had a heavy flow of fresh water. This created zero visibility as far down as 50’ where we decided to call the dive. Visibility was so bad, I could not see my dive computer. Kelly and I descended together and when we hit bottom we couldn’t see each other. We spent a few minutes practicing some drills then decided to call it a day. Kelly had been talking to another NW Dive Club member who was diving at Edmonds as well as Dereck. So we headed up to Edmonds to try and salvage the day. The water at Edmonds was clear and as most of you know the entry is easy. It has a bit of a long surface swim to the end of the jetty, where we dropped down. We found a ton of huge long cod, cabezon sitting on eggs, a huge nest of squid eggs, and lots more. This was my best buoyancy dive and was able to loose 4 lbs of lead. Tomorrow is Pt Whitney for two dives, report to follow.
Blowin' Bubbles and Havin' Fun!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo- Fail...Edmonds- Awesome!

Post by Tom Nic »

Great save, and sounds like great dives!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I was at Edmonds with Derek. Sad I didn't see you guys. So glad you had fun!!

We had a good dive!! :) Then I got out and my car check engine light came on flashing & car was all jittery, so I had to get it towed to a nearby shop. Closed till Tuesday. Hope it's not too bad :(

A group of divers is headed back to junk yard today meet at 9. I'm not diving but will stop by with NWDC shirts. If anyone wants to head over.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Glad you were able to salvage the day!

Do let us know how pt Whitney goes...its not one I've been to or heard many talk about.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scuba Swanie
Avid Diver

Post by Scuba Swanie »

Dereck said he was with another NWDC member, but didn’t say it was you. Bummer! Keep that shirt, we’ll meet up sooner or later.
Blowin' Bubbles and Havin' Fun!