ThThTh Invades Anilao, Philippines

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Re: ThThTh Invades Anilao, Philippines

Postby stphnmartin » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 am

Scubie Doo wrote:Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scubie! Glad we had such a great time!
View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, GoPro 4, Sola 3800s, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Postby Gdog » Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Scubie Doo wrote:Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

I absolutely agree!!!

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Postby Scubie Doo » Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Postby stphnmartin » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 pm

ScubaJess wrote:Hey Stephen, you keep getting better somehow. So epic!! :)

Thanks Jess. I'm trying to improve!
View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, GoPro 4, Sola 3800s, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X

stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Postby stphnmartin » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Gdog wrote:Its all awesome! But in particular, I love the sheep nudis. And the mantis shrimp clutching its eggs. Very very clear, very superb video my friend! Love it!

Thanks Gdog. Enjoyed taking the adventure with you.

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Postby ScubaJess » Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Hey Stephen, you keep getting better somehow. So epic!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Postby Gdog » Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Its all awesome! But in particular, I love the sheep nudis. And the mantis shrimp clutching its eggs. Very very clear, very superb video my friend! Love it!

stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Postby stphnmartin » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Vjw wrote:All of it is spectacular!! Especially love the Pygmy seahorse twisting, the 3 sheep nudis, mantis shrimp with eggs, vibrant blue ring octo, all the many colors and sizes of frog fish (hairy too!), Coleman shrimp pair in the urchin and the emperor shrimp on the nudi! Wow! Your skill is amazing! Thanks so much for doing this so we can all enjoy it!

Thank you. You've very kind. :)

Vjw
Aquaphile

Postby Vjw » Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 am

All of it is spectacular!! Especially love the Pygmy seahorse twisting, the 3 sheep nudis, mantis shrimp with eggs, vibrant blue ring octo, all the many colors and sizes of frog fish (hairy too!), Coleman shrimp pair in the urchin and the emperor shrimp on the nudi! Wow! Your skill is amazing! Thanks so much for doing this so we can all enjoy it!

stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Postby stphnmartin » Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Here is my contribution from the trip:

Sharkb8
Avid Diver

Postby Sharkb8 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Great video! It's amazing what kind of footage is achievable with a go-pro, adequate lighting and skills. I was a big fan of the Harlequin Shrimp footage and the octos.
Party underwater

derekcs
Extreme Diving Machine

Postby derekcs » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Good video, Valerie!
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram

stphnmartin
Aquanaut

Postby stphnmartin » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am

Vjw wrote:Greetings everyone - here's a 5 minute video of the epic creatures we saw in Anilao this February. My favorite is still the blue ring octopus, but I like the turtle at the end alot too! Enjoy!

Awesome work. I think my favorite scenes are the two moray eels with divers in the background, the mantis shrimp digging a hole, the cuttle fish in the water column, the yawning hairy frog fish and of course the blue ring octo.

Also, gopro's make me look fat underwater. And above water too.

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Postby ScubaJess » Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 am

I agree! This is fantastic! You got so much epic footage! I just love the turtles! Great job!! :-)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Postby Scubie Doo » Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 am

Vjw wrote:Greetings everyone - here's a 5 minute video of the epic creatures we saw in Anilao this February. My favorite is still the blue ring octopus, but I like the turtle at the end alot too! Enjoy!

Amazing work Val! I am so happy I shared in these great moments with you. :-)

Vjw
Aquaphile

Postby Vjw » Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Greetings everyone - here's a 5 minute video of the epic creatures we saw in Anilao this February. My favorite is still the blue ring octopus, but I like the turtle at the end alot too! Enjoy!

tykeal
Avid Diver

Postby tykeal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 am

That's an amazing trip report!

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Postby Scubak » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 am

Wow! Just WOW!!!
What an amazing trip! Now I will have to add that to the bucket list for sure!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"

Vjw
Aquaphile

Postby Vjw » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 am

Absolutely stunning photos!!! Excellent recap of the trip and our awesome diving schedule! I’m so glad I got to go with you guys and see all these crazy shaped critters! It was truly wonderful. Thanks for posting them all!

theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Postby theonly_JT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Ahhhh!!! that all looks sooo incredible... guys i'll be adding Anilao to my dive bucket list... just gotta finish this pesky medical school stuff first I suppose. :rofl:
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Postby ScubaJess » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Man you guys are so cool!!!! I cannot believe how many incredibly neat sea critters you saw!!! Also nice schedule you guys are diehards! :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :eric: :luv: :taco:

Really great report and photos!! :luv: I love all the colors. Topside looks really fun too! What was in the noodles?

Those Sea horses are soooooo cool and all those shrimp! WOW I really want to go there now :)

Looking forward to the videos from Stephen & Val. :popcorn:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

oldsalt
Amphibian

Postby oldsalt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm

While I have dived PI a few times while deployed in the navy (1966-1990), you saw so much more than I saw. You mentioned Pong with his thick accent. When I am in a situation in which I struggle to understand, I realize it is because the speaker speaks my language better than I speak his. What a marvelous adventure. I will continue to follow your postings.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.

Sharkb8
Avid Diver

Postby Sharkb8 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Absolutely amazing photos! Can’t wait to see the video work also. Anilao is one of several choices for my 40th bday trip next year if we can save up enough.....pretty sure this report seals the deal!
Party underwater

jmartel
Aquaphile

Postby jmartel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Great photos, guys. Anilao and Lembeh are high up on my list. I was in Palau at the same time you guys were down there.

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Postby Scubie Doo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Jan K wrote:Well, you guys certainly covered the whole spectrum of critters in that part of the world.
No need to go now, I just can sit back and enjoy this. If I went in person, I could not possibly see even fraction of what you captured so well.
Are going to dive in our cold, murky waters after this ?
Congratulations!
Great job.

Jan, thanks. People think I’m crazy, but I love our cold and dark waters. My restrictive dry suit makes me feel safe and cozy. So “yes” I will dive these puget sound waters. :-)

Return to “Dive Recaps & Trip Reports”