HMCS Annapolis and Howe Sound 3/10

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

HMCS Annapolis and Howe Sound 3/10

Post by theonly_JT »

I've been dying to get to Canada to dive and finally convinced someone to tag along with me. Thank mom! :rofl:

Hooked up with Sea Dragon charters this past weekend for 4 dives and we could have not had better weather. My main objective was to check out the Annapolis (mission accomplished) and enjoy some clear(er) waters.

The captain and crew were all wonderful, 8 people out on the boat made for a nice group, not too crowded. Anyways, the annapolis was everything I hoped it would be! Not a ton of life on the wreck yet as it's only been down for about 3 years but still a very cool dive. We then hit a few HUGE walls that dropped into the abyss, boats depth finder read over 300ft just a stone throw off shore. Never dove anything like them before so to me they were very impressive and epic. Lots of cloud sponges. Ended on a very cool pinnacle with some very large Giant nudi's. 10/10 would do again.

Here are a few snaps I've pulled so far, video to follow soon.
Attachments
IMG_6306.JPG
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload (1).jpg
GOPR6083.JPG
GOPR6063-0001.jpg
GOPR6049-0001.jpg
GOPR6047-0001.jpg
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: HMCS Annapolis and Howe Sound 3/10

Post by Vjw »

Sounds like a awesome trip!! So glad you got to go before you move for Med school!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Sounds so fun! Your mom is awesome!! What a great weekend of diving in Canada :-)
Sweet pics!!! I hope they get more life on that wreck soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Sounds so fun! Your mom is awesome!! What a great weekend of diving in Canada :-)
Sweet pics!!! I hope they get more life on that wreck soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

So cool! Thanks for telling the story! Love diving in Canada!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

GREAT DIVES
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Sounds like a fun trip! Only having 8 people on the boat must have been great. It gets a bit crowded when they fill it up. I'm assuming you guys hit Halkett Wall at least once. The structure there is really impressive when the vis is good.
Party underwater
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Sounds like a fun trip.
I will be heading up to do this wreck soon!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"