The Muk

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

The Muk

Post by H20doctor »

i have been going out late for night dives at the Muk ... been getting in the water at about 10 pm and scootering all over the place ... Since they removed the fuel Pier , the Muk has become quite the different beast of shore dives.. I have been there at the correct time , correct slack and the Muk dished up a serious Dose Of whoop my ass ... I had a Down current start at the geo dome and keep building and building pushing me and another diver from getting up slope ... wicked to the point where we swam towards the ferry past the tire log to get out of it ... Other times I have had strong South current blowing hard during the dive .... The Muk has become a current sensitive dive site which really sucks because it used to be a pretty good shore dive almost anytime during a tide swing .... So during these late night dives it also seems pretty common for Stinky the seal to show up and bug the crap outta me , to the point of if i am trying to film or take pics , it becomes a silted Out mess with stinky Hunting all around me ... I have seen 2 other seals with stinky .. a smaller one , and another larger buddy .. I have looked back on my footage from 5 years ago and stinky seems to be the same Harbor seal that used to hunt In the fuel pier... I dont mind diving with Stinky , He has become very tame swimming along side my scooter like a Dive buddy , and Munching on perch as i light them up ... Stinky Isnt as tamed as the Cove 2 seals .. He still keeps a distance , But the funny thing He always seems to do after Im diving is he Comes up on the surface in the shallows and lays On his back with his fins waving, as to say thank you to me ,,LoL :supz:
So here are my shots from the Muk ...
flabby 1.JPG
flabby 2.JPG
flabby 4.JPG
flabby 5.JPG
flabby 6.JPG
flabby 7.JPG
flabby 8.JPG
flabby 9.JPG
flabby3.JPG
flablina.JPG
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: The Muk

Post by H20doctor »

anem 2.JPG
anem 4.JPG
anem.JPG
crabby Patty.JPG
dark.JPG
mr crabs.JPG
nudi 2.JPG
tritonia 2.JPG
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Interesting that removal of the structure has changed the site that dramatically...

Nice snaps!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Wow!!
Great pics.
I need to get up there and dive there soon!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Nice work Doc! Great report too.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Chris: I wonder of the new ferry pier, when constructed, will serve to divert the currents the way the old pier did. You can let us know when it happens.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Like the pics and your dive synopsis! And your waving dive buddy!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Sweet! Nice work :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Thank you everybody
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Great Nudi pics! I've heard a couple rumors of the new down current, but luckily haven't witnessed it yet. Hopefully it's just temporary.
Party underwater