Salt Creek Away Mission

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Salt Creek Away Mission

Post by ScubaJess »

Hey There!
Hope you're all having a excellent June!!! :joshsmith:
A few of my awesome buddies :luv: :norris: and I hit up Salt Creek a few weekends ago. I thought I'd share some snaps!

We got lucky with fantastic weather and viz was good also! It's a pretty surge infested area so I had to take 2 Dramamine pills but they worked nicely! I didn't get sea sick and we planned it just right! :notworthy: :taco: :partydance: :eric: It's a lot easier to enter at higher tide. (Dive tip: Always keep your reg in mouth here since it's very slippery on entry/exit. )

The sea critters were out and about! A nice variety of life. I saw the smallest brittle Star on some kelp, a colorful variety of urchins, some really nice Jellyfish including a Red Eye Medusia, some super cute shrimp,1 rockfish, surf anemones, lots of muscles in shallows, but no rock greenlings.

Thanks to my awesome buddies for the fun times! :burntchef: :partyman: :taco: :popcorn: :partydance:

Happy Diving!
Attachments
Urchin close up
Urchin close up
Smiling Shrimp
Smiling Shrimp
Shrimp Shuttle Craft
Shrimp Shuttle Craft
Nudibranch eating spaghetti worms for lunch
Nudibranch eating spaghetti worms for lunch
Scubie & Penders!!!! So glad he's back in the water!!!
Scubie & Penders!!!! So glad he's back in the water!!!
A star is born
A star is born
Red Eye Medusa
Red Eye Medusa
I got a Awesome Spock gnome for my birthday! Thanks Vjw!!!! :)
I got a Awesome Spock gnome for my birthday! Thanks Vjw!!!! :)
Stephen & Valerie
Stephen & Valerie
Salt creek
Salt creek
Yelloweye taking snaps after
Yelloweye taking snaps after
Salt creek
Salt creek
Me & Val
Me & Val
Beautiful salt creek
Beautiful salt creek
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Salt Creek Away Mission

Post by Vjw »

Love the red eye medulla and brittlestar pics! And the shrimp riding on the jellyfish! Amazing shot!! Had a fabulous time. So glad the weather was good and was beautiful above water too! Looking forward to more away missions! :joshsmith: :taco: :boucegreen:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Great photos!

Salt Creek is the only site where I've seriously considered wearing a wetsuit. The entry/exit can be brutal!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Love it Jess! Thanks for sharing, wish I could have gone!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Gdog wrote:Love it Jess! Thanks for sharing, wish I could have gone!
We missed you tons & talked about you a lot at the pub next door! (All good stuff!) Your favorite spot to eat! You must come with us next time!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great pics, great report, and a great reminder to dive an amazing site this Summer!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Really fun trip! Super fun! Thanks for sharing the snaps!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I wanted to ask, how was the food? Its been a long time since I was able to find a seat there, so .....
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Gdog wrote:I wanted to ask, how was the food? Its been a long time since I was able to find a seat there, so .....
Hi Gdog,
It was yummy after the super long wait to get in. They have some nice sweet potato fries, also had the coffee rubbed burger. It was okay but not a YellowEye burger! Next time we are going to look for Indian food instead :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!