Away Mission to the Junk Yard

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Away Mission to the Junk Yard

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings!!!
Had some fun dives at Alki Junk Yard this weekend!
Vis was really nice and had some sun ball action shinning down on us Saturday afternoon. Was really strange not to have to wake up super early to dive, nice 11 meet & noon splash time! :taco: :eric: :joshsmith: :calvin: :pirate:

I dove with Jhelly88, Vjw, StephenMartin & YE. :grouphug:

John found me a super cool OCTO!! He was very curious and we hung out with him for a while. At one point he wrapped himself around a orange Plumose anemone, then he stood up tall on all his legs and walked around, very strange but awesome!!

After that I became best friends with a Baby Rockfish :hearteyes: ! He just followed me around and kept posing for my photos!!! I hope to go visit him again soon. What a cutie!! Also really nice Jellyfish and sea pens all over the place.

Hope you all have some fun dives this weekend!
A few snaps :popcorn:
Attachments
Super cool Octo
Super cool Octo
My new best bud!!!
My new best bud!!!
Say Cheese!!!
Say Cheese!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: Away Mission to the Junk Yard

Post by stphnmartin »

Fun diving with you! Hope you figured out your reg!

Wish I'd seen the octo! The rock fish are very curious. Glad you were able to get a shot of them!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Away Mission to the Junk Yard

Post by Vjw »

Beautiful pictures!!! The rockfish were very curious! The viz was good and more fish there than other times - very glad to see them all!!