Canada Tumbo Island

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Canada Tumbo Island

Post by H20doctor »

we went out for a Boat adventure / spearfishing trip a few weeks ago cause canada Ling season is open till August and there is no Max size Limit :supz: :supz: ...So from birch Bay ..Seaslaves House we jetted across the water and arrived about 35 mins to the site ..
tumbo.JPG
Tumbo is a site kinda different from what i have seen as far as structure goes... some areas were sandy with rocks poking up outta the bottom, and then the other part of the site had Huge Boulders and rocks stacked on each-other which created over hangs and dark overhangs... There was wall sections here as well , large cliffs that dropped down into the darkness...
DSC05436.JPG
DSC05531.JPG
IMG_20180626_113448646.jpg
IMG_20180626_113602007.jpg
the first Tank was to Hunt .. A bag my ling and a couple of kelpers ... you are Also allowed to take 1 rock fish Per day... on the first dive I saw 4 large Tiger Rocks and i was saying to myself , Next dive is camera dive ... Next dive i will be able to film the tigers ... Guess What Happened ? 2nd tank No friggin Tigers seen ..LoL :rofl:
On the second Dive Now having My camera I did hit an area Of basket Stars ... And a Very large Patch of them ... I had 12 Of them all in a certain area of about 45 to 55 feet .... So i decided to stay here and film them ... Tumbo is a pretty cool dive site and I would return there again to do more exploring
DSC05500.JPG
DSC05461.JPG
https://youtu.be/-PxD3Mfx25M
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Re: Canada Tumbo Island

Post by oldsalt »

Chris: While I visited TI in my boat, I never got a chance to dive it. According to my books, there are several diveable wrecks off the Island. Keep posting. This site is my window to the underwater world. I like our Jacque Cousteau hat.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Chris: While I visited TI in my boat, I never got a chance to dive it. According to my books, there are several diveable wrecks off the Island. Keep posting. This site is my window to the underwater world. I like our Jacque Cousteau hat.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Looks like a very interesting dive site, I'd love to check it out sometime. Those basket stars are awesome. Nice video, nice lighting. Thanks Doc!
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Sounds like an awesome time!