Calvin's Crack

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Calvin's Crack

Post by Penopolypants »

Calvin's Crack is both our Glorious Leader's, uh, bottom parts, and a great dive site in Roatan. Dark, narrow, crusted with growth, filled with hidden critters, you enter at the top, make your way down, and exit out of the wall at about 90 feet or so. Make your way back up the wall, peeking into holes to see what's hiding in there, and then back to the top where abundant schools of fish, eels, scorpion fish, and slipper lobsters were hanging out

Lots of life on the reefs in terms of fish and other critters. We saw lots of small stuff, large schools of fish, some sharks, eagle rays, northern rays, and the biggest turtle I've ever seen. Several lionfish, although not to the level that we saw in Belize. The corals are taking a hit, as they are pretty much everywhere, and looked different from my last visit over ten years ago. Still good diving.

Anyway, Roatan was lovely, Cocoview was as always a delight, and the bugs were bugs. I'm itchy, but it was worth it, even though the weather was rough at the end, which made diving a challenge.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Calvin's Crack

Post by Tom Nic »

Opens NWDC. Scans unread threads. Sees thread title. Stops. Hesitates.

...do I really want to click on this?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Penopolypants wrote: .... Dark, narrow, crusted with growth, filled with hidden critters....
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Tom Nic wrote:Opens NWDC. Scans unread threads. Sees thread title. Stops. Hesitates.

Penopolypants wrote: .... Dark, narrow, crusted with growth, filled with hidden critters....
:rofl:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Tom Nic wrote:Opens NWDC. Scans unread threads. Sees thread title. Stops. Hesitates.

Likewise!!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com