Keystone 7-7-18

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Keystone 7-7-18

Post by Sharkb8 »

Last Saturday I also made a visit to Keystone for a couple mid day dives. The visibility still isn't great but the diving sure was fun. First up was the jetty, and then we did a second dive at the pilings followed by the drift down the line. Lots of fish and helmet crabs everywhere. I also saw my buddy Hercules the ling for the first time in a few months in his usual cave. We had a keystone rookie with us who had never seen a lingcod before, so he was pretty excited. Another diver from the Anacortes crew saw a couple other larger lings out around the end of the jetty, so hopefully this means they are making a return! It's been pretty sad not seeing any the last few months.

Fornicating decorator crabs! They blend in so well that it can't even be considered a public display of affection

Party underwater
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Keystone 7-7-18

Post by Gdog »

Hey, great report, and very nice clear shots!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Keystone 7-7-18

Post by ScubaJess »

Awesome snaps & report! I think we must have just missed you.
So glad to see some lings back and also it's always so fun to see those helmet crabs in the kelp. They have the best facial expressions. :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: