Sekiu 7/8

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
lologrande
Avid Diver

Sekiu 7/8

Post by lologrande »

Finally made over to Sekiu. This is a dive I have been wanting to do for a long time. It is a really long drive over from Seattle but definitely worth it! Headed out Saturday afternoon after work and camped at a somewhat nearby campground. This what I think I will do for future trips over there. Oh yes I will be going back soon. Conditions were really quite nice. Super flat, no current and 15-25' visibility. Did 2 dives (one wide and one macro) before making the long drive back. I gotta say this is one sweet dive site. I did not take that many pictures due to the fact that I was just enjoying the view. I think my max depth was 25' or so. Did both 75 min dives on the same tank :taco:
Attachments
_DSC3431-Edit.jpg
_DSC3413-Edit.jpg
_DSC3398-Edit.jpg
_DSC3321-Edit-2.jpg
_DSC3272-Edit.jpg
_DSC3255-Edit.jpg
_DSC3250-Edit-Edit.jpg
The owls are not what they seem.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sekiu 7/8

Post by ScubaJess »

Very beautiful snaps!
Thanks for the report :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Love the fisheaters and kelp.

I haven't been to the site in over 10 years. I hope to visit there this summer, on the way to Neah Bay... and perhaps other times!

Have you been to Salk Creek? Another excellent dive out that way, with great camping.

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
lologrande
Avid Diver

Post by lologrande »

Thanks guys. I am going to try to spend a long weekend at some point this summer and do Salt Creek and Sekiu. Would be an awesome couple of days.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice! Good job in going for it - this is one of my favorite dive sites, and you are inspiring me to get out there!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Just 3 more miles to the mother load, Hoko Reef.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

ohopdiver wrote:Just 3 more miles to the mother load, Hoko Reef.
From shore?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Yes, that is a great site. Did you spot any stalk jellies? Love the juvenile war bonnet!
lologrande
Avid Diver

Post by lologrande »

Saw quite a few stalk jellies. I wish i had taken more pics during the dives. I mostly just spent my time simply looking at all of the life and the big picture views. Ohop tell us more about Hoko! Is it doable from shore?
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Tom Nic wrote:
ohopdiver wrote:Just 3 more miles to the mother load, Hoko Reef.
From shore?
I haven't done it from shore yet but intend to. There is access. I'd use scooter.
Late summer/fall when tanin from Hoko is low.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Beautiful pics! Seiku is such a cool spot.

Shore diving Hoko Reef would be a looooooooong walk or swim down the beach. Before I was a diver we had some friends living just a few houses up from the access. They unfortunately moved before I had the chance to exploit their kids for dive gear sherpas.
Party underwater