Duncan rock

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
taylortex
Frequent Bubbler

Duncan rock

Post by taylortex »

I am planning a trip out to Neah Bay in September and hoping to dive at Duncan Rock if the conditions are favorable. Does anyone experienced with Duncan have some advice on how to plan the safest dive out there? We are certainly aware of how challenging this site can be. Please assume that my boat and crew are elite diver status in every way. Thanks!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Duncan rock

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!

I've done it several times, but off charters. It can be a total washing machine even when conditions look good.

You may want to talk to Keith (and read his website) at Emerald Diving.com. He's got a lot of experience diving out there off his boat.

http://emeralddiving.com/duncan_frame.html
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

taylortex wrote:Please assume that my boat and crew are elite diver status in every way. Thanks!
I dove it twice last summer although not with elite divers in every way. It was luck of the draw...the weather and currents happened to be perfect and it was an easy epic dive.
taylortex
Frequent Bubbler

Post by taylortex »

Thanks for the input! Sounds like it’s worth the effort when conditions are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk