San Juan Diving

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

San Juan Diving

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy
SJ and I went on our friend's boat up to SJI's yesterday. It was a great day! Super calm conditions, great viz, etc

Surface sights: oyster catchers, seals, cool red-beaked gulls (not sure of the id), porpoises, sea lions, cormorants, and we even saw a seal eating a salmon!

Below the water, we saw GOBS AND FIELDS of proliferating anemones in pink, yellow, white, peach and aqua... painted anemones, stalked PMH's, scallops, a HUMUNGOUS yellow eye rockfish (secret location), gooseneck barnacles, a fairly good variety of dotos and nudibranchs, candy stripe shrimp etc etc... all the good san juan stuff!!

Here were a couple snaps
Nudibranchs checking each other out
Nudibranchs checking each other out
Candy Stripe Shrimp
Candy Stripe Shrimp
Proliferating anemones
Proliferating anemones
Gooseneck barnacles
Gooseneck barnacles
Hope you had a great weekend!
Last edited by YellowEye on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: San Juan Diving

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic report YellowEye! It was so much fun diving with you guys!!! :pirate: :partyman: :calvin: :notworthy:

It's always an Adventure in the beautiful San Juan Islands! So much life to see above & below! I love all the colors. :luv: :taco: :partydance: :eric: :joshsmith:

Here are a few of my snaps! :popcorn:
Attachments
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

So glad to hear about all the anemones!! Such colorful pictures! San Juan islands have so much to offer. We live in a beautiful place!! :joshsmith:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow nice report, great shots. What an epic dive!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

ScubaJess, that picture of the Zoanthids in the strawberry fields is soooo cool!
Party underwater
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Thank you for posting. The San Juans were my diving destination for years. Yelloweye: the red beaked gull is a Heerman's Gull. I miss diving.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

oldsalt wrote:Thank you for posting. The San Juans were my diving destination for years. Yelloweye: the red beaked gull is a Heerman's Gull. I miss diving.
-Curt
Yep Heerman's Gull matches an image search. What a beaut. Thanks for the id Curt! Hope you're well!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!