NYE Skyline Crabfest

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

NYE Skyline Crabfest

Post by Sharkb8 »

I was able to skip out of work early on Monday for our annual New Years Eve dive. This year the tides looked good so we headed to Anacortes for another splash at Skyline. Jan K showed up and I got to officially meet him which was cool! After some fiddling with malfunctioning gear (always seems to happen here, not sure why), we drifted out to the point and submerged. Down around 70 ft we found two BIG king crabs, a juvie kelp greenling (I think), more red irish lords grumpily guarding eggs, and lots of sun stars. On the way back we saw a small heart crab, tons of 3 lined aeolids, and a mosshead warbonnet chilling at the safety stop. After a nice final drift back to the beach, we headed to the Brown Lantern for some gluttonous burgers and scotch. Another successful splash at the worst dive site in Puget Sound hehehe :rofl:

Party underwater
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: NYE Skyline Crabfest

Post by fmerkel »

Nice! Don't see the PSKC too often.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Very nice! I need the secret code / handshake for best conditions to look for to dive here!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Skyline :luv: :luv: :luv:
Brown Lantern :luv: :luv: :luv:

Sounds like a great day! Nice finds and pics! :partydance: :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Great Pics ... Skyline is always a great dive
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen