Thursday Night Crew hits Lumpy Night at Redondo

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Thursday Night Crew hits Lumpy Night at Redondo

Post by Gdog »

Been a long while since I posted a trip report, and this is as good a time as any to jump back in. The ThThTh bunch hit Redondo for a night of lumpy hunting, and for the most part were very successful. 14 different lumpies were found at scattered locations at Redondo, in addition to the usual octos, sculpins, and stubby squid. We of course followed up with a highly successful second dive at Billy Mchales, where the tales were tall, and there was much embellishment all around. My dive buddy, Tall Mike, and I found 7 of those lumpies. Here are a few of my shots.

This stubby was very patient with me, staying this color for a few shots before turning red on me
Opalescent Stubby Squid.jpg
A few of my lumpy shots
Golden Pacific Spiny Lumpsucker.jpg
Lumpy Smile.jpg
PSL faceoff.jpg
and finally, the crew
Thursday Night Crew.jpg
Great time was had. Thank you Tall Mike for being my dive buddy!
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday Night Crew hits Lumpy Night at Redondo

Post by Scubak »

Awesome pics! So glad you got to get out!
Love all your smiling faces!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Looks like a lovely lumpy evening!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic pics Gdog!! It was so fun diving with you guys! And the lumpies!! Hopefully viadoom will not be too bad and the Seattle peeps can still make it to ththth :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

14 lumpies and I didn't see a single one! Had to go back yesterday and found 6. Great pics gdog and a fun time. Sorry I'll be missing them till the tunnel opens in Feb!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

stphnmartin wrote:14 lumpies and I didn't see a single one! Had to go back yesterday and found 6. Great pics gdog and a fun time. Sorry I'll be missing them till the tunnel opens in Feb!
Come on man....fight thru that traffic!!
maxresdefault.jpg
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Gdog, so good to see you and dive!! Your pics are great - thanks so much for posting trip report :partydance:
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Great pictures, Happy crowd, too bad that Redondo is on the other side of the world ...
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown