Sea Dragon spring fun

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Sea Dragon spring fun

Post by Sharkb8 »

After a month of being dry (skis and life got in the way) and a bunch of no camera dives during the winter playing with new gear or new divers, I finally got things back to normal last weekend in Howe Sound with the Sea Dragon crew. We once again lucked out with only 6 divers on the boat and had plenty of room to stretch out. We visited the Hutt Island cloud sponges on dive 1, and then did a wall dive on Bowyer Island for dive 2. There was tons of x-rated gunk in the water from the recent invertebrate spring fever, but the vis was still in the 20 ft range below 30 ft. There seemed to be more colorful life than usual for Howe Sound (which is always enjoyable but sometimes a bit "boring" compared to areas with more current). Sea cucumbers galore and nudies everywhere, along with the usual suspects. A good time was definitely had by all.

Party underwater
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sea Dragon spring fun

Post by ScubaJess »

Sweet snaps!!!! I hope we can go up there with you sometime! Super cool squat lobster shot :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Thanks Jess. That would be lots of fun to all meet up there sometime. I want to do a weekend trip sometime combining that with some shore dives at Whytecliffe or Kelvin Grove, although day trips from Bellingham are easier than most of the shore dives we hit up :partydance: . Also, I didn't originally post the pic of the little baby rose star I saw that you would probably appreciate so....

Party underwater
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Super cute!!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: