Pickles Deli Reef, 6/27/19

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Pickles Deli Reef, 6/27/19

Post by Sharkb8 »

Work took me out to the south end of Whidbey Island this morning, so I thought I'd bring some gear along (my appetite) and catch an off slack dive at Pickles Deli before the lunch tide crowd showed up. Upon arrival I discovered some inconsiderate divers had vandalized a light pole in the parking lot....

The weather had turned from rain to sunbreaks and the visibility was looking fantastic inside the doors so I headed in. Luck was on myside and I had a wonderful 10 minutes of bottom time checking out the local inhabitants and harvesting a delicious treat from one of the large glass jars on the counter. Giant pickle and Roast Beef/Havarti in hand, I ventured back to my truck and headed back across the sound on the ferry where I was eventually able to enjoy the fruits of my labor on the beach in Mulkiteo :supz:

Party underwater
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Pickles Deli Reef, 6/27/19

Post by ScubaJess »

Oooh Yummm! So glad you found the NWDC Reserved parking spot at Pickles Reef!!! You are soooooooo cool!!! How was it? Looks delicious! :-)

Was Kim there? Did you tell them ScubaJess sent you?
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Pickles Deli Reef, 6/27/19

Post by YellowEye »

Omg!

Pickles is so great. I used to always get the spicy Italian, but recently I've really been enjoying the Whidbey club sandwich :eek: The roast beef options as you tried are also really good. They have great beer and cookies and hot sauce too! Hope we can enjoy a trip to keystone plus pickles soon!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!