Skyline Candy, 7/7/19

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Skyline Candy, 7/7/19

Post by Sharkb8 »

On Sunday morning my friend Cara and I got up early for a dive at Skyline. Thanks to the fun summer tides, the slack was ridiculously late (45 min?) so we spent most of the dive hanging on pretending we were at Deception Pass. We probably should have just surfaced and hung out in the rocks for awhile but hindsight is 20/20! It did ease up enough in the shallows to get us back along the top of the wall with minimal effort. The vis was around 15 ft and everything was out feeding and colorful, so it was still a nice time. Plus we found a few candy stripe shrimp on one of the shallower crimson anemone's near the end of the dive which made the whole adventure worth it.

Party underwater
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Skyline Candy, 7/7/19

Post by Penopolypants »

Love those little guys! Great find!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Very cool, great shots. Saw them on your flickr page too!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Sweeeet! Lucky to see a candy shallow so you can spend more time with it!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

:luv: Lucky ducks!!! I haven't seen candy in so long! Nice snaps :taco: :eric: :joshsmith: :partydance: I hope we can get back up there soon to dive with you guys!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: