7/14 Diving -- Sunrise & Fox island

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

7/14 Diving -- Sunrise & Fox island

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Several nwdc members went and dove Fox Island and Sunrise last weekend. I only did Sunrise, but it was great. SM did a perfect job timing it!

Here were some of my snaps. Click thru the images for improved resolution (low res thumb nails may be an issue with the recent nwdc upgrade???). No big octo in the open to be found but we did see an octo on eggs thru a small crack in a rock! And some of the other buddies found a cool warbonnet. So many buffalo sculpin and scallops at Sunrise these days!

Oh, and we got to see Grateful Diver!

Fun times!
Helmet crab
Helmet crab
Scalop on reef
Scalop on reef
A ratfish from the previous ththth
A ratfish from the previous ththth
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: 7/14 Diving -- Sunrise & Fox island

Post by Vjw »

Sunrise was beautiful! Nice report and like the helmet crab YE! Colorful scallops galore, wolf eel, red Irish lord, and very calm water. Such a fabulous site! Here’s two screen shots. SM and Scuba Jess got epic shots of the red head dressed warbonnet!
Attachments
6D89426C-9913-4D50-A89C-71F2AF865C6C.jpeg
B53C421B-BB28-4FB6-9CFC-D732E569FB5F.jpeg
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: 7/14 Diving -- Sunrise & Fox island

Post by ScubaJess »

Awesome pics you guys! That rat fish is super cute!
It was great fun diving with yall! The dive was excellent it made the walk up the hill totally worth it. :partydance: :joshsmith: :eric: :taco: :taco:

It was so cool to see Bob pull into the lot at sunrise as we were gearing up :luv:

Here are a few of my snaps! :popcorn:
Happy Diving!!!
Attachments
Was so happy to see Bob & Cheng
Was so happy to see Bob & Cheng
Little Pygmy Crab and some scallops
Little Pygmy Crab and some scallops
Super cute Mosshead Warbonnet
Super cute Mosshead Warbonnet
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: