"Trashure" huntin'

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

"Trashure" huntin'

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Hey All! Per previous posts about cleaning up local waters, I have been building and developing this idea all summer and FINALLY had to just slay the dragon and get my first episode up, of many to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL4de2ZoHQ

I am open to anyone who's schedule lines up with mine and we can Dive In together! No in water buddy, so, No SCUBA today. I am asking for assistance to help raise the barrel, get the bike, tire, and the other materials that are around this swim beach. The Parks Dept. people were on site and were totally SHOCKED when I told them the shopping cart was there and were really glad that I pulled it up.

This is a work in progress and I'm hoping to build the channel. PLEASE DON'T SCOOP ME! I know there are some super talented people on this site and you are an inspiration to me developing my skills and channel. I hope you to see you all around the beaches and bars as I keep building.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: "Trashure" huntin'

Post by ScubaJess »

Nice work :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Thanks Jess!
Cetacea
Avid Diver

Post by Cetacea »

I had no idea how easy it is to float and remove trash until I recently invested in float bags. This 6000 pound anchor came up with very little effort. ( until we we reached the surface) There is not much you can’t float. If you do the math you will see that it takes about 1 and 1/2 tanks of air to make bring up this monster from 24’. Got something you want to come up? Let’s do it! Cars, boats, anchors, props.....easy!!
Attachments
A3104EC9-140C-4716-9F93-D941E8ADA5A1.jpeg
07A066E0-DB93-46EF-9208-286B5A351E99.jpeg
5EA68435-3D7F-47F1-979D-4DF44D1250D0.jpeg
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Not intending to hijack this thread, but those anchors appear to be the Baldt anchor, which is very familiar to Navy veterans. The stockless anchor was used because it fit into a hawsepipe. Can you tell me where you found them?
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Post by SCUBARM79 »

I think I know where they were found! I do believe those were part of an episode shot in cooperation with a YouTube Personality from the Portland area, if I'm not mistaken? Columbia River, correct?

Oldsalt- not hijacked! Great addition. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I have always been curious to learn what things are called. If we stop learning our brains rot. Now where'd I put my coffee...
Cetacea
Avid Diver

Post by Cetacea »

Yes. Columbia River. We recovered 3 of these balt anchors. One was 6000 pounds and two were 3000 pounders....they are for sale on eBay and CL. Would make an amazing decoration at your house or business. My wife hates them so they are not in my yard.....YET!!!