Maui shore dive, all the turtles!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Maui shore dive, all the turtles!

Post by Nwbrewer »

We took a family trip to Maui last month to celebrate my dad's birthday. I managed to sneak away for 1 dive while I was there and did a shore dive in the morning at Mala pier. Since I hadn't planned ahead very well, I just introduced myself to a dive guide at one of the sites we were snorkelling and set up a dive. After chatting a bit, he bumped his other customer for the morning, so it was just the two of us. Had a great 75 minute dive, lots of love Coral, fish and green sea turtles everywhere.

I clipped together some of the video from the dive, if you're ever on Maui, I would highly recommend finding a way to do this dive!

https://youtu.be/aWcWOK1iS_Q
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Maui shore dive, all the turtles!

Post by Gdog »

It's a fantastic dive. Dove it last year, 26 turtles!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

I am here on Maui right now, doing shore snorkeling while the wife does her conference stuff. Have seen a few turtles, a fair number of fish, ate some sand thanks to a couple of larger than expected waves... This is quite an island.
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

:luv: Sooo amazing!!! I want to go so bad!!!
Nice work hanging out with the adorable sea turtles!!! :luv: :taco: :luv: :taco: :luv: :taco:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: