T-Dock/ Geodome

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

T-Dock/ Geodome

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Huge thanks to JH for letting me tag along with him today at T-Dock/Geodome. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have seen the geodome! (Let the jabs begin... :penelope: ) Have dove this site before (years ago) but never saw this.

I saw 2 wolf eels living in the dome itself and 2 others in the pipe-pile below. (First wolf eels in the wild for me!) Plenty of sea-cucumbers (one as big as my forearm), a few purple sea stars, arrays of anemonies, a few different war bonnets (first time seeing these too), kelp greenlings, dungeness and red rock crab, various flat fish skittering on the bottom, and possibly some rock fish (still looking up pics to ID). Up more toward the north of the dock itself we saw some tiny shrimp. Along the pilings I scared a kelp crab that is missing most of its right side legs (may have had only rear 2) and missing first front left leg! Must have had a rough go...

Overall great time. Great first saltwater SCUBA dive since 2001. Vis was good (10ft plus).

Only unfortunate issue about the dive site today was a big log with the root ball jammed up on two others at the base of the stairs. We splashed at high tide and had to maneuver over them to enter/exit. Was a +10 high, so if a +11 or more rolls in, it may be floating and could be pushed aside?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: T-Dock/ Geodome

Post by H20doctor »

Congratulations
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen