Skyline 1/20/20 Nastiest Crabs Edition

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Skyline 1/20/20 Nastiest Crabs Edition

Post by Sharkb8 »

This winter the overlords of the tides have blessed us with perfect weekend Skyline currents for a few months. Unfortunately the weather has been a bit more uncooperative but we were able to go for a dive on Sunday. The vis was maybe 10 ft, the cucumbers were not out feeding and it was absolutely freezing underwater after the cold snap. However, the drift to slack to drift back was absolutely perfect and the nastiest of the nasty crabs were out putting on a show. Unfortunately compact cameras with a flood only video light, cold hands in wet gloves and bad vis make for poor phototaking days for some of us, but it was still fun.

Ol' Mossback was out and about. This was the second time in a row we've seen him! So dirty and nasty....

Every tramp still needs a lady. This prettier one was nearby. I'm fairly certain we saw both of them snuggling last visit.

Of course it wouldn't be a Skyline dive without a candy hunt. Cara payed me back for our last dive by scaring the only candy stripe shrimp found into a hole, so I never got to see it :angry:

Party underwater
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Skyline 1/20/20 Nastiest Crabs Edition

Post by Nwbrewer »

I love PSKC! Nice pics.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Despite the conditions, you got some great snaps!! :joshsmith:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic snaps! It's always cool to see those colorful tanks lol I hope we can join you for some candy action next weekend :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic snaps! :partydance: It's always cool to see those colorful tanks lol I hope we can join you for some candy action next weekend :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: