Sunrise Beach Park 2020/01/26

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Sunrise Beach Park 2020/01/26

Post by derekcs »

On Saturday, 7 of us met at Sunrise for a dive.

Getting in was a bit difficult with the surface current pushing us out. We were crowded together hanging onto the buoy waiting for everyone to get ready to descend. Once we were down, the current did not really let up. I was trying not to get pushed out too far, so I spent most of my dive hanging out near where the buoy was anchored.

Luckily, there was a pretty cooperative red Irish lord right there. I spent a good 40 minutes taking various wide angle and zoomed in shots with my TG-6. It's always fun to see how the fish adapt to the colors of the reef. This one had a lot of purple/magenta to match the hydrocoral. With about 10 minutes left, YellowEye pointed out a wolfeel in a crevice right above where the Irish lord was. It was small adult sized but still had its orange coloration. It was pretty far back in his crevice, but a smaller rig made it possible to get some pics. And then right by them, there was a lingcod guarding eggs.

Coming back up, the surface current was pushing against me pretty hard even wading in 4 feet of water back to the entry point. With that and the hill to climb, brining the smaller camera rig was the right choice.

I know others saw more critters, so I'm hoping they'll post some photos. Others continued onto Redondo after lunch. So maybe some lumpy shots too?

ImageImage
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sunrise Beach Park 2020/01/26

Post by Gdog »

Hope crap those Wolfie pics are awesome!!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic work Derek! It was great fun diving with you guys. Those wolf eels snaps are crazy cool!!!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Love the screaming wolf eel! Great work Derek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Thanks for sharing your awesome shots!! Great diving with you!
:joshsmith: