March came in like a lamb at Skyline

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

March came in like a lamb at Skyline

Post by Sharkb8 »

After the last several weekends of chasing 25 year old Swedes around the slopes of Mt Baker, my poor old knees needed a break. Somehow the weather FINALLY cooperated and allowed for an early morning splash at Skyline. Scuba Jess and Yelloweye braved the early wakeup and drove up from Seattle to meet Matt and I at the beach. Glassy water allowed for a pleasant swim to the kelp, which upon arrival was signaling that the conditions were perfect. We descended to the normal Skyline vis of not great but not horrible and proceeded down the wall to hunt for interesting things. We were rewarded with a large pskc, one million and three kincaid shrimps scaring the candies away, nudes galore, a few grunts, and all the usual Skyline sights. There was a really long slack followed by a mellow nudge back to the shallows, making for a great time for the two of us with functioning drysuits, working cameras and full tank fills ……. :rofl: :neener: (pretty sure the other two still had a great time lol). Afterwards we met up for a second dive at the Trainwreck in Burlington for bacon bourbon cinnamon rolls, giant breakfast burritos, and delicious coffee.

Party underwater
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: March came in like a lamb at Skyline

Post by fmerkel »

Good to hear. Nice photos.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Nice .. thanks for the report . I hope to dive skyline this month
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Great shots! Very nice work
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Great trip report and shots! Really like the PMH and painted anemones!!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Awesome pics! Great diving and train wrecking with you! Thanks for helping us time the dive so perfectly!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

It was sooooo much fun diving with you guys! Totally worth the crazy early morning drive.
I didn't get many snaps but was still really nice to see the candy stripe shrimp and the grunt and all the other fantastic Skyline critters. You guys planned the dive perfect! I can't wait to get back! :luv: :partydance: :eric: :joshsmith: :calvin:
Attachments
Perfect conditions!!! We got so lucky after all the other recent attempts were cancelled due to wind .
Perfect conditions!!! We got so lucky after all the other recent attempts were cancelled due to wind .
Matt & Ross are awesome!!!
Matt & Ross are awesome!!!
Tiny baby barnacles
Tiny baby barnacles
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Oooh what a cute barnacle! Did Eric get any ok pics? Lets do it again soon since we should be safe from corona virus underwater. We can eat cinnamon rolls after 6 ft apart on our tailgates and pretend we are at the trainwreck :burntchef:
Party underwater