Point Hudson on May 2nd

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Point Hudson on May 2nd

Post by KeithBoll »

I was fortunate enough to make an appointment and get some air fills this last week! I spent two days diving at Point Hudson this Friday and Saturday. Currents were light - all lower than .6 knots during the daytime hours. Viz opened up to about 20 feet when you got thirty feet or lower. Lots of Spring growth happening under water! And a ton of nudies on eggs! Was super glad to see several mosshead warbonnets, both hiding out on the barge and out in the open by the rocks. Last time I was here, I saw several grunt sculpins. Super glad to see two on this visit!

After not diving for quite some time... I just didn't want to get back out of the water!

Keith
Attachments
Mosshead Warbonnet Juvie (1 of 1).jpg
_37A7106.jpg
_37A7076.jpg
_37A6841.jpg
_37A6824.jpg
_37A6736.jpg
_37A6657.jpg
_37A6585.jpg
60south
Pelagic

Re: Point Hudson on May 2nd

Post by 60south »

Love it! Good pics.

We were out bottle hunting in the same area today, saw a red octopus out hunting. Very cool.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I have to get back up there. It's been awhile since I have gotten to enjoy that dive site. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic report & pics Keith! I miss you tons. So glad you got to dive!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

I need to get back up there. Haven't been in a while since I got my butt handed to me in the current.