Late spring diving in Candy Land

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Late spring diving in Candy Land

Post by Sharkb8 »

As we move closer to summer, the tide swings have gotten extreme and the vis has gotten poor in the sound. However, Skyline in Anacortes is continuing to deliver. There have been some really nice exchanges all spring and the vis was pushing 20 ft last week at high tide! Even better though is that what started as just a couple tiny little guys in mid May has exploded into a full candy stripe shrimp infestation :supz: The next month is looking a little iffy without a scooter, but later in July there should be some good exchanges for hopefully more trick or treating.

These guys were from May and were the first I'd found all season.

Now they are numerous and out in the open waiting to get their pictures taken!

There have been a few other things to look at also....

Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Late spring diving in Candy Land

Post by YellowEye »

Bouya!! Nice!!
Can't wait for trick or treating!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Hannarel
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Late spring diving in Candy Land

Post by Hannarel »

Wow, this looks really cool. I really love diving because of its steep views. Every time you dive into the water, you see something amazingly beautiful. Every time I am surprised like a little child :). I have been diving for over five years. We started with friends in the last year of the university and are still doing this. This greatly strengthens friendships. At first it was very difficult, but over time we started to get good at it. Recently we were looking for a new company that would provide us with excellent diving services. We spent over two months solving this problem. On one of the forums, we were advised https://www.sirolodive.com . I read the reviews about these guys and we decided to contact them. It turned out to be a great choice. If anyone has a similar problem, then be sure you can contact them!