Keystone Sept 6+7 2020

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
iotium
Frequent Bubbler

Keystone Sept 6+7 2020

Post by iotium »

Wife/dive buddy and I spent sunday + monday of labor day weekend on whidbey and got a few dives in at keystone. We ended up doing two dives at the jetty and one at the pilings. Our current math was off (used tidal height instead of current speed DOH!) so our dives were a little more vigorous than planned, especially our dive monday morning at the pilings with the bull kelp whipping by like palm fronds in a hurricane. Visibility was pretty good (15-20') and overall a great few dives.

Some highlights:
Huge school of black rockfish hanging out at the end of the jetty
GOPR2957.JPG
numerous grunt sculpin and mossy head warbonnets. I'm still pretty bad at macro and started trying to use metridium as improvised diffusers, with mixed success.
GOPR2880 copy.jpg
buffalo sculpin with scarring on its back
GOPR2974.JPG
here's the same one the next day in a different spot
GOPR3073.JPG
the aquarium tank-like feel of the shallows
GOPR3012.JPG
GOPR3017.JPG
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Keystone Sept 6+7 2020

Post by H20doctor »

Nice
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Keystone Sept 6+7 2020

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic! I was there all weekend too! The ROCKfish school is magical. Thanks for sharing :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: