YSS Dive Charters Away Mission

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

YSS Dive Charters Away Mission

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings Divers,

I hope y'all had a fun weekend and are enjoying this awesome weather! :luv: :joshsmith:

Yellow Eye, LeAnne L, Scott and I got to try out the newest dive boat in the Hood Canal. The YSS Dive shop (old Hoodsport and Dive) now has a boat. It is located right next to the dive shop. So you just park there and they lug the gear from your car to the dive boat for you. :luv: :partydance: They have an amazing skipper, crew and staff. JohnY and Katherine own the shop and John is the captain.

The boat Saltwater Therapy is small but really nice, super fast and can fit 4 divers. They had coffee, tea and snacks on board. :eric:

We got 2 really fun dives in. :pirate: .. just wish viz was a bit better, but was so happy to see really nice rockfish. A few big YellowEye :luv: :luv: and really nice Vermillion... and lots of little jellyfish and many other fun critters. The sea cucumbers were going wild down there. :eek:

After the dives the staff was there to unload our gear and lug it up the super steep ramp (crazy low tide) and dropped it next to the rinse station. It was so much fun. Followed by some Mexican food. :taco: :burntchef: :partyman:

I hope you guys can check it out sometime.
Here are a few topside snaps :popcorn:
Attachments
Beautiful day on the canal
Beautiful day on the canal
Scott's mask makes me laugh
Scott's mask makes me laugh
LeAnne is so cool
LeAnne is so cool
4 happy divers
4 happy divers
Saltwater Therapy
Saltwater Therapy
New shiny dive boat
New shiny dive boat
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: YSS Dive Charters Away Mission

Post by YellowEye »

Great report! I really liked the ladder on that boat too!

Hood canal diving definitely isn't as good as the San Juans or even Keystone but that was a really fun time for a change! I hope they start going further out on that thing.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Very cool! What sites did they hit?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Nwbrewer wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:44 pm Very cool! What sites did they hit?
We went to Palali Point and the Pinnacle... viz was a better below 60 feet ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŸ๐Ÿคฟ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฆ€๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ›ฅ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ––
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

:taco: :partydance:

I'm supposed to go over and hit the hood next weekend. Hopefully the vis isn't too bad.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

Thanks for the update!
Great to hear that another option is being provided for Hood Canal!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

KeithBoll wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:46 am Thanks for the update!
Great to hear that another option is being provided for Hood Canal!
Keith!!! Been diving?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Hi Keith!
How are you? I miss you tons!!

Hope we can see you soon!!!

Also check out the new NWDC sticker on the YSS boat! The boat got way cooler lol :luv: :partydance:
Attachments
Saltwater Therapy NWDC sticker
Saltwater Therapy NWDC sticker
Live Long And Prosper!!!