Spring at Point Hudson

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Spring at Point Hudson

Post by KeithBoll »

Went to dive Point Hudson this weekend - since the currents were mild during daylight.
I had heard that there were log jams a bit deeper than the barge that is on the sight.
On the way to find the log jams - I ran into a very cute small GPO - hiding out in a ring of moon snail eggs!
Found the log jams - they are at about 75 to 80 feet deep. (I would not attempt to go there except at slack - the current could easily take you away!)
Lots of life at Point Hudson! Plenty of various nudies! Both kinds of warbonnets - both young and mature! Saw several grunt sculpins.
And - there is now a large GPO in a den at about 50 feet deep.
Viz was ten to fifteen feet - not bad for this time of year!

By the way - I am getting a 24 foot hardtop dive boat (it's being delivered next month) - very excited! See my posting for new dive trips if you are interested in joining me on a more regular basis. I'll be taking one to two divers with me at a time. I'm interested in just a couple folks that would like to go about once every two weeks in the Hood Canal/Port Townsend and Central Puget Sound area.
Attachments
Small GPO in Moon Snail Eggs.jpg
Mosshead Warbonnet.jpg
Juvie Mosshead Close Up (1 of 1).jpg
Janus Fusculous on Kelp.jpg
Grunt Sculpin.jpg
Colorful Nudie (1 of 1).jpg
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Spring at Point Hudson

Post by ScubaJess »

Any pics of your boat! Congrats! We would love to try it out some time and maybe even get a dive Armada going :)

Also fantastic report and snaps! Hope to dive with you soon 🖖💖🤿🦀🐟🐙🥳
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Re: Spring at Point Hudson

Post by KeithBoll »

Yes - see the dive planning post - boat pics are included!