Sekiu and Salt Creek

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Sekiu and Salt Creek

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy
ScubaJess and I went to Sekiu and Salt Creek last weekend.

Sekiu:
Poor vis (~10ft) but a great dive! Saw a manacled sculpin, stalked jellies, a GPO, fish eating anemones, a pregnant skeleton shrimp, two mosshead warbonnets.. tons of invertebrates and color! We saw a huge field of Vancouver tube worms with brooding anemones growing on them at about 30 ft that I've never seen before (need to go back and take pics). Saw the largest starry founder I've ever seen as well. Surprisingly parking wasn't bad despite being in the rush of salmon season.

Salt Creek:
Visibility: A hazy 15 feet. Fantastic dive! The kelp is looking great. Really nice school of bait fish. Red sausage jellies, huge fish eating anemones, all kinds of nudies, nice sea stars, tons of urchins, baby tube snouts, juvie kelp Greenlings, 1 small ling cod. Zero swell or waves, was really nice. We looked for the rock greenlings, but there was so much kelp we couldn't find either of their typical locations.

A fish-eating anemone from Salt Creek.
A fish-eating anemone from Salt Creek.

Great day, can't wait to go back!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sekiu and Salt Creek

Post by ScubaJess »

It was such a fun trip to Sekiu and Salt Creek!!! I was so excited when we had a tiny bit of rain.. I wish it was more. Perfect temp over there. :luv: :taco: :eric:

I was so happy to see the stalked jellyfish and the hugest flounder I've ever seen. I didn't have my camera so I got to practice some wide angle action. Thanks to YE for being my dive model :partydance: :neener: :notworthy:

Here are a few of my snaps!!! :popcorn:
Attachments
I love Seiku.  It's always such a peaceful and beautiful spot to dive :)
I love Seiku. It's always such a peaceful and beautiful spot to dive :)
One of my best salt creek dives ever, no waves or surge. It was a Christmas miracle lol
One of my best salt creek dives ever, no waves or surge. It was a Christmas miracle lol
I found some really lovely rockfish at Seiku!!! Was sooo nice to see a few fish in the ocean
I found some really lovely rockfish at Seiku!!! Was sooo nice to see a few fish in the ocean
My fantastic dive model checking out the fish eating anemone at Salt Creek
My fantastic dive model checking out the fish eating anemone at Salt Creek
Beautiful kelp and sea star action at Salt Creek, and zero surge. It was amazing!!!
Beautiful kelp and sea star action at Salt Creek, and zero surge. It was amazing!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
sabrisi
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Sekiu and Salt Creek

Post by sabrisi »

Thanks for sharing - looks like a lovely dive and day!
we got no troubles life is the bubbles